SAT II writing...second page...

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: SAT II writing...second page...
By Thermodude (Thermodude) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 02:26 pm: Edit

Just wondering....besides putting the last two letters of our last name on our second page of writing (after we used up the front side)....was there anything else we needed to do?

By Esotericstorm (Esotericstorm) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 03:04 pm: Edit

Did you put the topic code on the front page?

I forgot to do both, but then the proctor let me fill it in afterwards. :)

By Thermodude (Thermodude) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 04:04 pm: Edit

yah...i did...just want to double check though...on the second page...the only thing we needed to do was write the last two letters of our last name on the bottom righthand corner...right?

By Willywonka (Willywonka) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 04:08 pm: Edit

"Did you put the topic code on the front page?"

Ohhhhh God I knew we should have asked if we were supposed to fill that in. I pray the proctor did it for us afterward.

By Jared (Jared) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 04:16 pm: Edit

oh crap i forgot to put my last name on the second page! do you think it matters???

By Jaug1 (Jaug1) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 04:52 pm: Edit

wait...what if we didn't put in a topic code...what will happen?

By Tlaktan (Tlaktan) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 06:19 pm: Edit

The readers won't know what to read and you'll fail miserably.

In all honesty, not sure.

By Homer2568 (Homer2568) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 12:57 am: Edit

ok i have a question about the essay...i had the one about people's lives are decided by the choices they make...so i talked about a personal experience where when i was asked to go visit a refugee camp i chose to and from then on my life has changed for reaosns i provided...but at the end i didnt come to a general comclusion that all people's lives change...my essay was basically like "well heres a choice i made and heres how it changed my life"...is that fine?...i wrote it with a lot of good vocab and grammar and if its not atopical i might get a 12...is it atopical?

By Tlaktan (Tlaktan) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 12:58 am: Edit

I think part of the grade is sticking to content. Probably maybe a 11, if you're lucky.. They realize that you're under time constraints et al.,

By Iplayoboe (Iplayoboe) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 08:31 am: Edit

in the barrons book it says that if u forget the topic code your essays wont be able to grade it right away, they will have to read it and then send it to the right readers for grading when they figure out which promt u use. The book also says that you wont be penalized for it score wise but ur score may be delayed.

By Iplayoboe (Iplayoboe) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 08:36 am: Edit

wow, check out my grammar in that first sentence.... it should read more like....forget the topic code for your essay the proctors wont be able to grade it...
wow
haha, sorry

By Tula (Tula) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 11:57 am: Edit

HELP!! what happens if you put your INITIALS instead of the first two letters of your surname....! Is there any other way they can identify it as YOUR paper? Did we fill in any other form of ID on Page 4 (The essay page)

By Calidan (Calidan) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 12:27 pm: Edit

So... for my essay, I had the prompt about how the choices you make shape your life, or somewhere along those lines. I wrote about Alice Paul and Lucy Burns (suffragists), and also about Huck Finn. My intro and the 2 supporting paragraphs were all clear, well organized, and (I like to think) insightful. However, the proctor then announced that we had one minute left, so my conclusion (besides from being in the most atrocious handwriting possible) pretty much just restated my introduction, however in fewer words and in confusing and repetitive diction. How do you think this botched conclusion will affect my essay grade? Thanks!

By Mehere (Mehere) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 01:55 pm: Edit

lol. i did the same thing. i put initials instead of last name first 2 letters on the second page of writing in the two boxes at the bottom right. u think i should call ets or something?

o yeah, wut happens if u bubbled the test code wrong?

By Thereishope (Thereishope) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 02:18 pm: Edit

i doono what you should do in that case. is there anyway to find out if they have the right essay marked and they didnt used someone else's score for ur essay?

By Dcs13 (Dcs13) on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 02:27 pm: Edit

Ooops, i forgot to put my letters on the second page, is that a huge problem?

By Crypticism (Crypticism) on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 04:57 pm: Edit

You guys could probably email collegeboard with your questions.

By C_J (C_J) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 03:10 am: Edit

Whoa. We were supposed to put the two first letters of our last name? Agh! I made the same mistake and put in my initials.

Has anyone called/e-mailed ETS about this yet?

And I can't remember, but didn't we bubble in our registration number on the form?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page