Which SAT is easier, World or US history?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: Which SAT is easier, World or US history?
By Chocoman (Chocoman) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 12:05 pm: Edit

Which do you think is easier?

thanks.

By Yoyomama04 (Yoyomama04) on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 09:29 pm: Edit

That depends on which subject was easier for you in school!!

By Spiffyjohn87 (Spiffyjohn87) on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 09:52 am: Edit

Chocoman,

I've taken both, each after I took the respective AP Course. If you've taken AP US History, the SAT II is exactly like the Multiple Choice for the AP Exam. The questions are going to be pretty specific but thats only because its based on only 300 years of history in one country, you shoudl be prepared if you've taken the AP US Test.

On the other hand, The World SAT II is much more difficult than the AP World Test. Although the questions themselves may be the same difficulty as those on the US SAT II, they are specific questions based on 10,000 years of World History, so some of the nit-picky questions might be plain impossible.

The good news is for World SAT II takers, there are more questions than on the US SAT II, so if you find some completely impossible questions, skip them, I skipped 5 and I predict an 800 or close to it.

I think both were relatively the same difficulty for me, but if you've just taken one course or the other, take the sAT II test that corresponds to it.

Good Luck

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page