SAT II SPANISH Discussion Thread!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: SAT II SPANISH Discussion Thread!
By 4grl (4grl) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 10:31 am: Edit

Hey! Who wants to discuss?

By Sns22022 (Sns22022) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 01:23 pm: Edit

I don't even know if I want to discuss this one. lol. I hate those freaking paragraph fill-ins!!!

By Willywonka (Willywonka) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 01:55 pm: Edit

Dear God. I knew this would be the worst of my three, but it owned me so hard that I wasn't even worried about it.

Seriously, I was so out of my league that I basically laughed it off as an expensive hour-long course in how lost I would be if I went to a Latin American country.

Hopefully it wasn't as bad as I thought. I understood almost everything in the questions, but the problem was that I didn't know a lot of the vocabulary for the answers! So many strange nouns.

In the multicultural essay, did you put that the girl danced African "ritmos?" I had no idea. I thought ritmo was rhythm and dancing African music doesn't make any sense.

By Sns22022 (Sns22022) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 02:32 pm: Edit

I put ritmo for that because the other answers just didn't seem to make sense. Haha. Willywonka...you made me laugh with your 2nd comment there.

By Willywonka (Willywonka) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 02:38 pm: Edit

Haha, sns, you're so right about thos paragraph fill-ins. They're so awful and they ate up a ton of my time. I had time to go through the whole thing, but the ten I skipped on the way wound up blank. I knew a few of the ten I left blank but I didn't want to take the time to think through all of the verb tenses and how they're used.

I was really surprised when I finished all three paragraph comprehension questions in under ten minutes. I thought it was over for me, but I blew through them and I feel confident about them.

If I do badly, I'm definitely retaking it- not because I'm a perfectionist, but because I want to "beat" this test now.

By Sns22022 (Sns22022) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 05:55 pm: Edit

I'm not retaking spanish because it was the least of my concerns...I had IIC and Writing also so those are on top of my list. I go through those reading comp ones like I'm fluent in spanish, but those damn paragraph fill-ins! I think I left like, 15 blank in the entire test? Most were in that section.

By Jangel86 (Jangel86) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 12:09 pm: Edit

I put ritmo for that one too....does anyone remember the question from one of the readings that asked about what the animals or something made out of sheets of wood? I only knew one of those vocab words, so I skipped it.

And was it tercer or tercero?

What do you think the curve is going to be? I think it should be pretty generous.

By Jaqx (Jaqx) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 05:51 pm: Edit

I put tercer...

Not true... California pulls it way up because they have so many immigrant families w/ kids who are fluent..

What about that stupid paragraph about the job and the jaula and the okay, basibally, WTF on that one, it was the worst section...

By Jangel86 (Jangel86) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 10:01 pm: Edit

They shouldn't count the people who are fluent in the curve...

By Rbc13 (Rbc13) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 10:48 pm: Edit

There is no tercero, so tercer is correct. It works like primer.

By Willywonka (Willywonka) on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 06:38 pm: Edit

"They shouldn't count the people who are fluent in the curve..."

I agree. I like how the University of Maryland (and I assume others) don't accept SAT II scores from native speakers.

Maybe if the test was as in depth and as picky as the SAT II Writing, but it's not. I imagine it would be like us taking an 8th grade grammar test, but I don't want to seem too narrow-minded so I'll just say that I doubt it's very hard for them.

By Jangel86 (Jangel86) on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 09:50 pm: Edit

Does anyone have any idea what the curve will be? How many wrong do you think for a 750?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page