By Astrix (Astrix) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 05:00 am: Edit

Hullo there!!

How did it go guys?

Some things I'm confused about:

aquatic : fish ::
coastal : shell OR amphibious : frog

anecdote : story :: blurb : notice ??

By Astrix (Astrix) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 05:05 am: Edit

and also... the rock and roll passages...

the second last question... passage 2 differs from passage 1 as in..?
- less cynical?
- passage 2 more optimistic while passage 2 pessimistic??
- passage 2 more on the commercial context and passage 1 more on the cultural context??? (marked this one)

By Astrix (Astrix) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 05:09 am: Edit

On to math... the last gridin... the possible combos 7600? (20*20*19)

The time Linda (wow) should start before the interview... 165/60 = 11/5 = 2.75 ??

The second last gridin... 42??

By Astrix (Astrix) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 05:28 am: Edit

Am I doing anything... wrong... test not started in some parts of the world... umm... most... US?!

By Joeybg (Joeybg) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 05:37 am: Edit

Astrix where are you from?And no you are NOT doing wrong to the AMERICANS coz they will have a different version of the test...your's is the int'l version...

By Astrix (Astrix) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 06:37 am: Edit

Oh... naive of me. I'm from India...

So... no internationals here..? :-p

By Astrix (Astrix) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 07:21 am: Edit

allay : fear :: appease : demand
right?

By Joeybg (Joeybg) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 07:37 am: Edit

Astrix what were the passages about?

and the allay : fear :: appease : demand sounds OK to me!it's the right one I think...

By Auburnwareagle (Auburnwareagle) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 07:41 am: Edit

wait y'all have taken it already?

By Joeybg (Joeybg) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 07:53 am: Edit

internationals dude...and I have not taken the test...astrix has...
The test in the US is diff so don't worry no cheationg involved :)

By Auburnwareagle (Auburnwareagle) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 07:59 am: Edit

I'm not taking it today. I was just wondering.....

By Tamy02 (Tamy02) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 08:41 am: Edit

no discussin the answers till 1PM EST!! som ppl havent taken the test yet..u put em at an unfair advantage over others..plsu u can have ur score cancelled 4 discussing b4 every1 is done..and the ppl in the US take the same test as international students..thats y its called a Standardized test!:P

By Joeybg (Joeybg) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 09:04 am: Edit

No the test is diff on June...somethimes the test in the US on the same dates is diff...that's a fact...he cannot have his scores cancelled...don't scare the guy...wait and you will see that the test in the US is diff.On the May,Oct,Jan dates the tests all over the globe are the SAME, coz they disclose them.However on the other dates the tests for Int'l students and the domestic US students are diff...

By Valk78 (Valk78) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 09:41 am: Edit

i didnt take the test, im wondering though, was it a completely new test or did they reuse an old one ??

By Astrix (Astrix) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 11:10 am: Edit

Did the concussion/occlusion thing wrong. Same for debauchery/temperance :-(

So two wrong... I can still get 800, right :-D

Test takers... people..? Is it just me who gets hyped about the test after the test?

By Cognitio (Cognitio) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 11:11 am: Edit

I don't think any SAT's this year are new, since they're using the new format next year. I believe all of them are reused from past tests where the answers weren't released.

By Ria (Ria) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 11:27 am: Edit

I had the same test as you, Astrix, and I think I've made tons of errors... blah... don't feel to good right now...

By Varr (Varr) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 11:53 am: Edit

Im curious how did it go for you "HAITHMAN"??

By Insanity (Insanity) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 12:27 pm: Edit

I'm hyped for the test now that I took it... When do scores come out?

By Watchout (Watchout) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 12:33 pm: Edit

this test, at least mine, was new. it said copyright 2004 on the cover. when i took it in January, the test was from 1999 (maybe 1997 i forget).

By Insanity (Insanity) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 12:33 pm: Edit

Never Mind... June 28 online

By Astrix (Astrix) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 01:14 pm: Edit

No... The scores will be online on June 18 and will be mailed on the 28.

Tell me.. What did you answer for the one about why the girl was surprised

- Her future was going to be decided by a stranger
- A decision would be reached at about her future

By Collinterested (Collinterested) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 04:55 pm: Edit

i got the international version- with the mexican girl. thing is i made a horrible mistake the day and night before the test- after two month of preparation and quite good scorings- i said go for an 780-800 verbal since you- i.e. i - will never make an 800 in math-- i said a good goal for me is 750-800V- 690-750math- the preparation proved i was supposed to be right. but then i got frightened i might not remember every word for analogies or sentence compltion so that these be entirely correct and i tried to memmorize in almost 2l of coffee in 24-48 h every word i might not remember from the barron's version, dictionaries,etc. i couldn't sleep during the allowed 4 hours because of concentrate coffee-of the friday night and in the morning- while driving- my father did- i tried to sleep. i couldn't. i fell in a a complete lapsus- since i did not go mad like really going out of your mind- i could do some portions of the test- in verbal the first that with last analogy allay: fear i did 29/35, second verbal 28/30- and the last one i did everything- in math i am not sure what was really easy i could manage- but the rest - i was out of time- but i think that in my state i could have done them if they were in a day. i am not sure for a 1250-1290. i was brave enough not to quit it. i will not cancel my scores but will retake the test- god help! in october- i haven't managed to sleep yet in my country is 11o'clock p.m. the thing is i was really out of luck since i TOOK the test at least in verbal crt. reading i remembered reading the passages. i think the math part type was also part of it since 2 problems came back to my mind. however i think i might need a sleeping pill since i am really pissed off at this ets lang- odious serendipity- now what troubles me is where the hell did i find this test previously- it is not in the older version of 10 real sats, not barronns, tec. still i remember i did it. if someone can for my ease tell me if he/she ever did the/part of the test please do so an please indicate the source. i was tired before but never overexhausted- and i could have easily done 800 in verbal without the vocabulary i learned. but i didn,t reach the questions.
by the way for the 13 q. i answered less cynical.- so you can get an older version on a test? entirely? i will prepare like hell again for verbal and sleep during the two nights of the test. whatever i wish there was a test during summer. it's failure since i wanted such a score, but i did it with my own hands. o.k. good luck- for me it will be the toefl and will see- ah in my country- i am from romania- it's really sth if you in states for studies and there was a boy at the gates of the school who tok the sat2 and did 1420-780 math in may and only by collegesearch he already has his scholarship at john hopkins - we're all for fin.aid.

By Ceg (Ceg) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 06:22 pm: Edit

Bonjour!

I've taken the international version in Tokyo as well! To AQUATIC:FISH, I put AMPHIBIOUS:FROG because first words indicate where fish and frog live. anecdote : story :: blurb : notice, I put the same answer.

What I was confused are GREEN??:INEXPERIENCED and I don't remember the question though.. an analogy question with "??:WINDOW" in the selection.

I was in shortage of time... I couldn't even browse through all question. I left 6 CR questions blank, 4 of them are of the last passage!

By Astrix (Astrix) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 11:19 pm: Edit

Gosh Collinterested!! Really, it's most important to get a good night's sleep.

Ceg... I believe they were

GREENHORN:INEXPERIENCED::EGOIST:SELFISH

VENEER:FURNITURE::ENAMEL:POTTERY (not drapery:window)

For AQUATIC: FISH - how does amphibious indicate where a frog lives? Coastal, however, does indicate where a shell is... or so was my line of thought...

EDIT A most confusing analogy... just looked up the dictionary and aquatic is "Operating or living or growing in water" and amphibious is "Operating or living on land and in water"... so you could be right there

By Phoenix1 (Phoenix1) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 12:03 am: Edit

Darn. Didn't get the veneer one... stupid q-card definition... wall of a building... stupid...... god....

By Phoenix1 (Phoenix1) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 12:07 am: Edit

Common day word too... lol. Oh well.. 800 on math... one wrong on reading... Maybe I can still pull off 16000... but still... this test was easier than the May one.

By Astrix (Astrix) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 12:27 am: Edit

Goodluck for the 16000!! :D

By Ceg (Ceg) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 12:50 am: Edit

Astrix,

I put the same answer for the greenhorn problem, using a process of elimination and deduction.

I didn't know the word "veneer"...

For AQUATIC:FISH, I could answer with confidence.
I failed to explain though, fish is amongst aquatic, frogs are amongst amphibious respectively.

Apropos, if you are an international student, how did you learn everyday language such as veneer??? I know the word and difinition in my native language, but how could I come up with those being nervous...

And how did you obtain reading speed which enables you to answer all questions??

By Tan125 (Tan125) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 12:55 am: Edit

A few questions..

Science Passage:

Was "Dinosaurs become birds" a choice?

Was "Cockroaches live for 350 million years" a choice?

Narrative Passage:

Q: why did she pull her fatherís wrist
A: she fears her father would be distracted

Right?

Q: What does strangerís words, "If you want", mean?
A: Personal Dedication

Right?

Journalist/Novelist Passage

Q: What do journalists and novelists try to do?
A: They both try to do what the other kind are characterized by. (i.e. Journalist try to have imagination, novelist try to use real life experience)

Right?

By Astrix (Astrix) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 01:14 am: Edit

Science passage: I think dinosaurs become birds was an answer... for... hmm... pseudoextinction... yeah
I don't think cockroaches live for 350 million years was an answer. You remember the question?

Why she pulled her father's wrist... I think I answered coz she would lose her father's attention..? Was that even a choice?!

Personal dedication's right.

Yup, both fiction and non-fiction got elements of each other was the answer.

Ceg: Reading voraciously really helps

By Htown1398 (Htown1398) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 02:42 am: Edit

Damn. I some of the hard analogies. Don't you just have a moment when your mind says something and your intuition says something else?? Well, yeah, my intuition was pointing to all the right answers, but I didn't heed it. Ah well. Hey, let's discuss the math one shall we? Which one do you think is the experimental one? Section 5 or Section 2? I hope it's 5, because that was a tad harder. Oh and the one with the square with the 30 boxes, that was 1:9, right? Oh, and post other questions up for discussion, as I forgot them, heh. And the CR was •••• easy. I mean really, can you ask for a better passage than one claiming that all species that went extinct are stupid, and one talking about the anarchism being the embodiment of rock & roll!? HAH. See ya.

By Tan125 (Tan125) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 02:59 am: Edit

no..the 30 boxes is 1:10.

and the -1 -1 0 0 1 1 sequence is -1.

the colored rectangles is 3 colors minimum.

the the one line intersecting three lines on a plane is 3.

The one that is something like a@b (has to do with remainder)..the answer is 3 possiblities (4, 5, 6).

The forth grade raised the most money.

15 families in that graph.

Linda starts interview 2.75 hours after..

Combination lock: 7600

Defective products: 2/5

Embodiment...Was that a word in one of the choices (I forgot which section/question type)? I remember choosing something embodiment...

Why isn't "cockcroach living 350 million years" a choice? In my opinion the passage in that the main idea of that paragraph said "It's possible that some species live very very long"...so i chose cockroaches.

Some others I remember are "Hitting" --"Reaching"..."Primitive"--Barbaric..
Job -- computer programmer.

one of the answers in sentence completion was synthesis.

By Htown1398 (Htown1398) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 03:09 am: Edit

Yeah, I got confused on the combination one, and the rest, I got the same as you, except for the 30 square thing. That has to be 1:90 because 30/9 doesn't yeild a whole number. I don't know, that was how I figured it. Tell me how you did it. And also tell me what you put for that one with the square and the diagonal that ran across it with a length of t-2. I put [(t-2)^2]/2. I think that's right if I read the question right. I forgot what the hell it asked! Did it ask for area of the square or the triangle created by it?? If it's the square, then it's (t-2)^2. ••••. Anywho. For the CR thing, it's Dinosaurs turning into birds because that is what he defined psuedoextinction as. Remember, it had a colon right after the word, describing it? And it said something like this: Psuedoextinction isn't the extinction of a species rather the change of a spieces into another. Something like that.

By Htown1398 (Htown1398) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 03:21 am: Edit

Oh and refresh my memory about what that a @ b question was. Like, tell me what it asked.

By Astrix (Astrix) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 03:56 am: Edit

The remainder question: defined a @ b as a+b+r where r is the remainder when a is divided by b.
Then asked 13 @ 5 the answer to which was 21.
What was the other question using this definition?? I spent some time on that one

Tan I don't remember about the cockroaches. I got the same answers as you on the rest

Htown, 1:10 coz if you take the one to be x then the other would be 10x; and 30 gotta be divisible by 11 but isnt. The rest were all divisible...

The (t-2) question's answer was [(t-2)^2]/2

There was this square/cube QC (the last one): the diagonal across the cube (root3 a) would be greater than the diagonal across the square (root2 a).

There was this quesiton that defined (w) as 1/w asked how many possible nonzero real values of w if (w)=w. I answered two. Coz 1/w=w => w^2=1 => w=-1,1

Okay and the rock n roll passage... the first paragraph was personal experience right? Dumb but gotta know.

The boxes/cartons/trucks question: The answer was 2?

By Astrix (Astrix) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 04:00 am: Edit

I always have to decide between two choices in verbal. And yet I get 'em wrong.

The one about the international speaker speaking against alcoholism: had to choose between debouchery and temperance

The one about the blockage in the artery: had to choose between concussion and occlusion

AQUATIC:FISH... Or is there hope for me having answered COASTAL:SHELL? :-p

By Vesselina (Vesselina) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 04:02 am: Edit

Astrix, I am an international student as well and I took the June 5 SAT too. From my testing experience up to now, I have come to the conclusion that it is better to stop worrying over the questions once the test is over. People usually tend to remember the questions that stumped them rather than the ones they were confident about. Don't get frustrated over the correct answers since you won't know for sure till the score report comes.
The first time I took the SAT, when I walked out of the test room I felt I hadn't done very well. I couldn't decide on the answer of two verbal q's and a few math. Actually, I scored 1450 (750 Verbal, 700 Math), so you may have a few mistakes and still get a pretty decent score.
One thing troubles me, though. Why should there be an international version for the SAT? Isn't this supposed to be a standardized test which gives equal opportunities to students to show their abilities.. And how would this affect me being an international student when I apply to u.s. colleges?

By Astrix (Astrix) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 04:14 am: Edit

Perhaps one could conclude the math curves are harsher for internationals. Don't ask me the basis for me thinking this way :-)

And the verbal curves would be better..? Hmm

By Astrix (Astrix) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 04:17 am: Edit

The why... well I did start this topic at 5am eastern time (it was about 3pm here) and if the SAT administered in the US had been the same...

I'd have got my scores cancelled!! hehe

By Vesselina (Vesselina) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 04:19 am: Edit

By the way, I follow the questions and answers posted here, and I must say that mine are same as yours guys except for one: Astrix, I belive the answer to the 'aquatic' analogy is amphibious, because frogs are amphibious animals by definition such as fish is aquatic.
One more thing: do you remember what you answered on allay:fear:: ??

By Astrix (Astrix) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 04:34 am: Edit

appease:demand

By Htown1398 (Htown1398) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 04:39 am: Edit

Ah, I guess I see your point Astrix on the 30 squares question. Crap. Ah well. And the on with the |w| thingi, yeah, I think that was it. But, I have a feeling that was the experimental because there were some problems on there that were a bit weird. Like the last one with the airplane. And yeah the Rock & Roll para was written as a personal experience. Wait, which section do you think was the experimental one?? I think 5. Oh and the Aquatic:Fish :: Coastal:Shell, I don't see it. Because a fish is an aquatic creature whereas a shell is NOT a creture at all. However, a frog is an ambhibious creature. I mean that MAY be true if the analogy was trying to convey a sense of where it's located. A fish is located in aquatic areas and a shell is located in coastal areas. But I don't know. Remember any other math? HAHA. Dude, I so want to get a decent math score.

By Astrix (Astrix) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 05:27 am: Edit

Yeah, I guess Section 5 would be experimental. Was the remainder question in section 5? Sure hope so!!

Don't remember a lot of math. There was this question on boiling potatoes in microwave vs. oven... the answer was 16. There was a gridin whose answer was 11, and the secondlast gridin was 42.

What was the answer for how passage 2 differs from passage 1? Less cynical, more optimistic, or different context? I marked passage 2 being more on the commercial context and passage 1 more on the cultural context because
a) passage 1 didn't seem to be cynical
b) nothing optimistic/pessimistic about the passages

What say?

By Astrix (Astrix) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 05:54 am: Edit

There was this page on collegeboard.com that says which section was experimental. I remember checking there for my Jan SAT. Now where was it...

By Joeybg (Joeybg) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 06:01 am: Edit

Vesselina how are you?Are you studing in the American College in Sofia?I am from Burgas...No Bulgarian in the forum allowed, so use english if you reply...
Your 1450 is perfect!!!Where are you aiming for - HARVARD :)?You hope for 1500+ ?My SATs are more than miserable but hey live goes on...:)

By Joeybg (Joeybg) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 06:42 am: Edit

Astix the collegeboard will publish the info about which section did not count next week,usually on Tuesday.
The college board gives 2 diff versions on the June,Nov. and Dec. dates - one for int'ls and one/somethimes 2/ version to the US domestic test takers.
The college board usually reuses the old tests...however these 2 tests they gave you yesterday were NEW...or very very old prior to 2000.
So the test you had yesterday could be given to the US students on the December date in the US.While their's test might be given to the Int'ls.
On the rest of the dates - Jan.,May,Oct - the test is the SAME for both int'ls and us students...these test are then disclosed;meaning the public has access to them.
The March/April/ test is for US students ONLY...e.g. April 2003 test was given again on May 2004...so if you took the test this May,it was the same as the test last April...

By Valk78 (Valk78) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 07:19 am: Edit

so how did you all think the test was overall ?? easiar then May and March ?? which was worse math or verbs ??

By Astrix (Astrix) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 08:09 am: Edit

"April 2003 test was given again on May 2004...so if you took the test this May,it was the same as the test last April..."

Wow. Ain't that unfair?? I mean you could definitely ace it if you'd have given it earlier!!

By Joeybg (Joeybg) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 09:19 am: Edit

"Wow. Ain't that unfair?? I mean you could definitely ace it if you'd have given it earlier!!"

yup, that's true but very few ppl actually will have the chance to take the same test...
It was given in the US only in 2003...while in May 2004 it was given to the whole world...

By Joeybg (Joeybg) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 09:31 am: Edit

You want some other statistics about the SAT; about the reuse of the tests?
I have made a research and this is waht I know:

Oct 11, 2003 (int'l) = Dec 1, 2001 (US)
Nov 2, 2002 (Int'l) = May 2003 Sunday = March 31, 2001 (US)
June 2, 2001 (US) = Sunday Nov 2003 = Dec. 2003 (int'l)
Nov 3, 2001 (US) = June 2003 (Int'l)
March 2002 (US) = Dec. 7,2002 (Int'l)
June 2002 (US) = Jan 2004 (int'l)
March 2004 (US) = June 7,2003 (US)
May 2002 (US) = Dec 7,2002 (int'l)
etc....

By Joeybg (Joeybg) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 09:38 am: Edit

The college board are not stupid! They have strict plans about when and how to repeat a test! The chance that someone takes the same test twice is minimal...
Further more...most of the analogies in the test are the same...every time...The words on the SC are also the same,just different sentences...the math problems are just recycled...
That's why it's called a standardized test...if they came out with new types of questions everytime...you would receive diff score evertime even without studing...So they just recycle the questions or even repeat the tests...
There is nothing wrong in this practice...

By Vesselina (Vesselina) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 10:08 am: Edit

Hi, Joeybg! I am not in ACS, I am studying in Aprilov National High School in Gabrovo.
Thanks for the praise you expressed on my scores:)
Actually, I am hoping to score much higher than this, but in two weeks my doubts will be dispersed and I will be put out of my misery, or not..:)
No, I am not aiming at Harvard, nor the other Ivies. Due to financial constraints, I don't think that I will get in, and even if I get, that my fin aid will be enough.
Anyway, in which school are you studying? Is it the foreign language school or the math-oriented one? I know some ppl from both and I have been very impressed by the preparation you get there.
If you have any more questions, Im glad to welcome them.
vessy

By Vesselina (Vesselina) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 10:14 am: Edit

One more thing, Astrix. About the boiling potatoes stuff - I think the answer was 17. for the first one, you spend 9 mins, for each of the other 16 - 2 mins. When added, you get 9+32, or 41. in this case, using the conventional oven is much faster.
Let's all pray, section 5 was experimental:) tho, i have been told that usually the easies one is the exp. so there's a high possibility this is the second section.

By Joeybg (Joeybg) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 11:41 am: Edit

Yeah, the LACs are a very good place...as for the Ivys you could try esp. if you get 1500+ on test and 700+ on the SATs...

I am glad that you are not from ACS...in a away i get mad that they get all the spots :);No hard feelings tho I know they are probably working hard for it!

Gabrovo!In the viewbook from Colorado College I saw a student called Kaloyan Kapralov who was from Gabrovo.

I graduated from the English language school in Burgas this year.I pretty much got rejected by 98% of the schools ;(
I am not certain about where I am going this fall.There is a chance that I will be attending the University of the South (TN) or IU bremen - Germany...OR I may be re-applying next year..OR maybe transfer...I don't know...
Hey if you have got time join me at # SAT1 on the mIRC...

By Tan125 (Tan125) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 01:08 pm: Edit

Boiling potato one was 17...because it needs extra minute only for "ADDITIONAL" potatoes...it cooks 1 potato in 9 minutes..

By Htown1398 (Htown1398) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 04:30 pm: Edit

Yo! The weird 30 boxes question is NOT 1:10, it's 1:9! How can you possibly shade in 1/9th of 30 squares and still have them all completely shaded in?? I mean if u shade in 1:9 of the squares, there is going to be one left that is only partially shaded. It was asking a ratio. You didn't see it as a ratio, you saw it algebraically. If you you see it algebraically, then yeah, 1:10 is the answer.

By Tan125 (Tan125) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 09:41 pm: Edit

Who can remember the exact question for the 30 boxes question...the ratio is what to what? If the ratio is shaded to unshaded then 1:10 is the answer...

By Astrix (Astrix) on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 05:03 am: Edit

Okay... I think I did answer 17 for boiled potatoes... or perhaps I forgot to include the first one... ah well.

Htown, I don't see...
but then having woken up all night for my chem exam my mind ain't working too well :-/

Just waiting for June 18 now...

*drained*

By Vesselina (Vesselina) on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 07:05 am: Edit

I must admit I found quite a many coincidences in your post. First of all, Kaloyan is a friend of mine who recently graduated from my school. BG is small, isn't it :)
About IUB - this is actually my first choice. I will like it to discuss some stuff about the university with you. I use Mirc, tho not that often recently..but I will be online tonight after 6.00 p.m. We can have a chat and talk about sats, college plans and whatever:)

By Astrix (Astrix) on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 12:49 am: Edit

It's official!! Section 5 was experimental.

http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/sat/testday/highlights.html

Now somebody tell me section 5 had the remainder q and the boiled potatoes q :-p

By Htown1398 (Htown1398) on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 11:13 pm: Edit

No man, that page is for the US test. Look closely, we had a 2-Passage Verbal section at the end. This one says a long reading passage. This isn't for us. Apparently the College Board doesn't care about the international community, heh. Hey, Astrix, you're Indian right? Same here. I'm from Delhi. Well, technically from Punjab, but I've barely lived my life in India. Mostly abroad. What's your name? Mine's Abhishek.

By Astrix (Astrix) on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 04:14 am: Edit

1. verbal (long reading passage)
2. math (regular 5-choice questions)
3. verbal (2 reading passages)
4. math (QC and SPR questions)
5. equating (the one that doesn't count toward your score)
6. math (regular 5-choice questions)
7. verbal (long reading passage)

Ye apna hee hai!! They're considering the related passages on rock 'n roll as one long reading passage.

I'm in Gurgaon, and technically from Punjab as well :-) The name's Shikhar...

So Abhishek where are you right now??

By Sagar_Indurkhya (Sagar_Indurkhya) on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 06:47 pm: Edit

I am a freshmen, and i took the June 5 exam. Didn't get to attempt two math q's... damn...
aiming for 800 in math. maybe in october. What is the best way to learn vocab... and practice the hardest math problems?

I am indian too!!! From MP... but i live in US... best of luck. Desi's usually score really high!

By Htown1398 (Htown1398) on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 11:34 pm: Edit

Hahah! I hope that holds true for this test, man. Right now, I am in Caracas, Venezuela; it's in South America - awesome place. ••••, but Shikhar, living in India, how'd you do so well in the Verbal? Honestly, if I were living in India all my life, I don't think I'd be able to get even a 500 on my Verbal score. The Math, however, I understand, as Indian schools build a strong raw-Math background, which is what is needed for the SAT math. Where are you planning on going to college, by the way? And what about you Sagar? And bah, there will be other times to retake the SAT, and kick all the non-desi ass! Haha. Bueno. I go now, chao.

By Astrix (Astrix) on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 02:42 am: Edit

Wow... that's a beautiful country! At least the women they send to those pageants!! :-)

I want to go to the UoC... which is pretty hard for an international who wants finaid. I bet you're applying there too... econ and math right?? Read your post on some other thread. I'm interested in Economics as well, other than CS.

Arre... Indians can be pretty good at their English. The Britishers gave us quite an edge in the knowledge-based economy, as I'm sure a fellow econ major would agree :-)

Na I think it's your reading habits really that make a difference for the SAT, and otherwise.

Sagar, for the math... other than the real SAT's, get a SAT math workbook if you want more math practice. I did Kaplan's. Well kinda.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page