Math IIc or Ic?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: Math IIc or Ic?
By Cortnee (Cortnee) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 08:29 pm: Edit

I'm in Precalc this year but i feel unprepared for the Math IIC test tomorrow, and I'm pretty sure that I could do better on the IC. Is it really important to colleges which test you take and how well you do on each/whether or not you challenge yourself? Should I take both? I really can't decide what to do.
Thanks in advance for the advice.

By Cortnee (Cortnee) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 08:33 pm: Edit

or do you think I should take IC now and then IIC in november (when I'm a senior)?

By Cortnee (Cortnee) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 08:44 pm: Edit

bump

By Monoe (Monoe) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 08:52 pm: Edit

It depends how much of the material on IIc you know. If your only fear about IIc is that you'll screw up that which you know - take it. People actually score higher on IIc than Ic due to IIc's motherly curve.

If you actually don't know the material, it may be wise to try your hand at Ic, though its curve is not even avuncular.

Most of what one needs for IIc one learns in Pre-Calculus and Trigonometry. But Pre-Calculus is a variable course, and Trigonometry is often simpler than the Trig on IIc. Have you taken practice tests?

Overall, colleges prefer IIc, but the subject approaches insignificance - simply do well on either. The score matters more than the test - and colleges know about IIc's curve, so it's practically a wash.

Good luck!

By Cortnee (Cortnee) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 09:01 pm: Edit

thanks monoe
Does anyone know if the peterson's satII math tests are accurate (too easy/hard)?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page