|By Jared (Jared) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 07:32 pm: Edit|
Can someone explain these answers for me...I think a few of them I just don't understand the wording of the question and they might be really easy.
1. If P and Q are different points in a plane, the set of all points in this plane that are closer to P than to Q is:
A) the region of the plane on one side of a line B) the interior of a square C) a wedge-shaped region of the plane D) the region of the plane bounded by a parabola E) the interior of a circle
Answer: A (please explain)
2. If f: (x,y) ~ (x + 2y, y) for every pair (x,y) in the plane, for what points (x,y) is it true that (x,y) ~ (x,y)? (~ is supposed to be an arrow)
A) The set of points (x,y) such that x=0 B) the set of points (x,y) such that y=0 C) The set of points (x,y) such that y=1 D) (0,0) only E)(-1,1) only
Answer: B (please explain)
3. If x (sub zero) = 0 and x (sub n+1) = sq. rt. of (6 + x (sub n)), then x (sub 3) =
A) 2.449 B) 2.907 C) 2.984 D) 2.997 E) 3.162
Answer: C (please explain)
4. If 6.31 (exponent m) = 3.02 (exponent n), what is the value of m/n?
A) -.32 B) .32 C) .48 D) .60 E) 1.67
Answer: D (please explain)
5. If the 20th term of an arithmetic sequence is 100 and the 40th term of the sequence is 250, what is the first term of the sequence?
A) -50 B) -42.5 C) 5 D) 42.5 E) 50
Answer: B (please explain)
6. For all x, sinx + sin (-x) + cosx + cos (-x) =
A) 0 B) 2 C) 2sinx D) 2cosx E) 2(sinx + cosx)
Answer: D (please explain
7. The radius of the base of a right circular cone is 6 and the radius of a parallel cross section is 4. If the distance between the base and the cross section is 8, what is the height of the cone?
A) 11 B) 13 1/3 C) 16 D) 20 E) 24
Answer: E (please explain)
Thanks...you can answer any or all...thanks everyone for their help!
|By Satchamp (Satchamp) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 07:46 pm: Edit|
1. Use ur imagination........i dunno like draw it on a piece of paper and see all the points between the two points........coz all the points on one side are the answer anyway.
2. Solve simultaneous equations....
coz X+2y= x
this means that y=0
3.dude..just count...substitue Xsub0 to find xsub1.......and so on
4. gotta use yo logs.....
5. its just simple calculation.......assume 1st term and common difference and set up 2 equations....an chill.
6. remember sin(-x)=-sinX and the other way for cosine
7. this ones gay.......
i screwd up too
but now i know how to do it
u jsut use Similar triangles...draw diagram join the lines..its all good....
hope this helps..
|By Jared (Jared) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 08:38 pm: Edit|
thanks i guess...
I now understand some of them...can someone else who doesnt think hes black try to explain numbers 1, 4, 5 and 7...thanks
|By Satchamp (Satchamp) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 08:40 pm: Edit|
haha.....dude......there were so many questions!!
i typed shorthand.....really really Short Hand
|By Haruhara (Haruhara) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 08:41 pm: Edit|
jared, that's a horrible thing to say... i can easily tell you to off by laughing at how you can't get these
|By Jared (Jared) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 08:46 pm: Edit|
lol sorry i was just joking around...anyone answer these?
Report an offensive message on this page E-mail this page to a friend
|Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.|
|Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only|