What NOT to do the day before SAT

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: What NOT to do the day before SAT
By Tired_Student (Tired_Student) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 07:06 pm: Edit

Everyone give one tip on what to AVOID the day before and the day of the SATs. Make this humorous and informative.

My Tip:
Dont masturbate (I've heard from people this makes you tired the day of the test)

But seriously, I recommend you avoid

Too much carbs, because if makes you sluggish
Too much liquid
Something that makes your stomach queasy, such as beans and eggs

Keep this list moving PLEASE

By Number9 (Number9) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 07:10 pm: Edit

Hmmmm...masturbating makes you tired?

Now I know why your screen name is Tired Student...

By Monoe (Monoe) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 07:12 pm: Edit

Number One thing not to do the day before:

Worry about what to do the day before.

Worrying in itself negates all the other supposed preparations, including study. Just be yourself, get your score, be happy with it.

Obviously one should care about the test. Slight anxiety can help.

One should not worry.

Remaining calm is priceless.

By Socalnick (Socalnick) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 07:14 pm: Edit

well i guess the day before the test is probably not the best day to kill yourseilf. although to other it may be the best day to kill yourseilf, but you still shouldn't kill yourseilf.

By Tired_Student (Tired_Student) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 07:33 pm: Edit

Thats why I suggested humurous ones, people on this board does have a sense of humor right?

By Sns22022 (Sns22022) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 07:36 pm: Edit

Well the guy behind me last time went into a long story about how he got both wasted and stoned the night before. I'm assuming he didn't do so hot.

By Sarasote (Sarasote) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 07:38 pm: Edit

" Hmmmm...masturbating makes you tired? "

yea it does haha. it does something to ur testosterone so thats why u get tired. u arent spose to do it before a sports game or anything either :-D just a word of advice

By Haithman (Haithman) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 07:42 pm: Edit

Yeah but I doubt it take a whole day to recooperate from a masturbation spurt...

LoL and Im gonna stop right there

By Amitoman (Amitoman) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 07:48 pm: Edit

People have recommended that if you have trouble sleeping at night, you should masturbate and you'll get a good night's sleep.

But lets not turn this into a masturbation thread.

i suggest that you DON'T lie in bed and try to memorize as many words as you can. It's simply not worth it. If you're lucky, one will show up. Just get a good nights sleep.

oh, and if you don't usually eat breakfast in the morning. then the advice "eat a nice breakfast in the morning" is not for you. your body isn't used to it.

By Tired_Student (Tired_Student) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 09:06 pm: Edit

well good luck everyone and dont sit in a weird position during the test. Neck cramps are not a pretty thing

By Plshelpme (Plshelpme) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 09:50 pm: Edit

hmm..well I have a book and a half to read still for the sat 2s..you think I should just go to sleep or actually try to study? (BTW I havent studied at all so its not like a review or anything)

By Laurenh87 (Laurenh87) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 09:54 pm: Edit

I'm in the same boat as you and I'm going to study for about another hour then go to bed. If I do terrible, I'll re-take in October.

By Jer728 (Jer728) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 11:59 pm: Edit

Unfortunately I don't have that option because I am retaking the SAT 1 in October. Yeah, one more hour for me and then I'm going to bed...And damn this website for wasting all my study time.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page