Essay mark (Writing SAT II)

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: Essay mark (Writing SAT II)
By Emily_Uk (Emily_Uk) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 03:42 pm: Edit

Hi, if you have the time please can you give my essay a score out of 6?

Failure can be a learning experience. I learned most from the time I failed at being a good friend. Whether educational or personal, each situation in life gives one the potential to develop and grow as a person, and through failing to support my friend during her time of need, I was able to recognize my faults and therefore change them in order to build a stronger relationship with my friend.
Historically, faults from the past often teach future generations how to avoid parallels. For example, due to the recognition of the cruelty of past British slavery, current generations hold a view emphasising equality, which allows fairer spread of jobs and oppurtunities. Repercussions of such attitude alterations include a better economic state and improved relations with other countries.
Moreover, such literary examples as The Taming of The Shrew show the results of learning through failure. Due to negative consequences from 'waspish' behaviour, Katherine learnt to become 'modest', thereby improving her relationship with Petruchio.
Supporting the impact of failure on learning are psychological studies regarding the behavioural model of abnormality, which suggests any behaviour is learnt and so can be unlearnt. Studies show that through failure, people change because of classical and operant conditioning, and the actions that caused failure are discouraged in future.
In conclusion, although initiallyy unpleasant, failure is often the best way to learn. Through failure, we develop and change. Consequently, populations develop and change. Thus, learning from failure is key to our progression.

It's my first attempt as of yet and I'm not overly sure where I'm goping wrong as I find it difficult to mark my own essays.

By Emily_Uk (Emily_Uk) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 06:07 pm: Edit

bump... please help!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page