800s on SNotes and PR Practice Physics SAT IIs

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: 800s on SNotes and PR Practice Physics SAT IIs
By Kevinkleinz (Kevinkleinz) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 12:56 pm: Edit

So I took two of the Sparknotes practice tests and a PR one as well, and received 800s on all three. My question is: are Sparknotes and PR comparable to the actual thing? Or are my 800s equivalent to something in the 700s on the real thing? Thanks.

By Joshjmgs (Joshjmgs) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 03:01 pm: Edit

Ive noticed that on the Sparknotes, they ask questions more towards their own material and their own style. And they also ask A LOT of questions where its absolutely necessary to know the equations.
I have the sparknotes (they were out of EVERYTHING ELSE :'() and i dont like it, there are too many mistakes (besides the regular typoes)
(I have to say that the equations after every chapter is helpful though ;)).

I decieded to take the SAT II Physics last sunday after i scored an 800 on the REAL Physics (raw of 70), and most of the questions were conceptual of really basic equations would help.
I mean i derived a few on that practice test, but without know anything about circuits and magnetism i did pretty well. I didnt see this trend on the Sparknotes practice tests. I like the Real one, because its logical and you need to have a certain thought process to get through the test, I think so anyways.

I mean I could be wrong, but I dont think the Sparknotes practice tests is anything like the Real one nor the one we will be taking this weekend.

gl everyone

By Crypto86 (Crypto86) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 03:24 pm: Edit

I took the Sparknotes test #2 and got a 680, which isnt great, but still decent. I have focused my weaknesses as thermal, mag/elec fields, and optics, and I plan to study those a lot tonight. However, when I do the CB problems online and in that SAT II booklet, I get almost all of them correct. I have noticed that the SN tests have a lot of specific tough equations in the last hardest questions, whereas the real thing isn't as specific. So joshjmgs, what is your opinion on my possible score on the real deal. I was hoping 750+ and I think I can get that, but anything 700+ I would be happy with (not immensely happy, but still sort of happy).

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page