November SATII ok for EA/ED?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: November SATII ok for EA/ED?
By Davidn08 (Davidn08) on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 10:26 pm: Edit

I've only taken two SATIIs upto this point, and in june and october i'm taking SAT1, i'm planning to take three SAT2s in november... will the scores make it to the colleges on time for EA/ED?

By Qwert271 (Qwert271) on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 10:31 pm: Edit

Yes, but you have to risk them thinking that you procrastinated with stuff, maybe they'll think college is not your first priority. On the other hand, they usually take the first few weeks that apps come in to file them, organize them, simplify them. You should be okay, I just wouldn't rely on the date for a crucial one, personally. If you have no choice, definitely take them in Nov.

By Andrew123s (Andrew123s) on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 10:36 pm: Edit

Some colleges do not accept them. Others don't garuntee they will be received in time for consideration. Call them first to find out.

By Number9 (Number9) on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 11:09 pm: Edit

What college are you looking to EA/ED at, David?

I fear I'll do poorly on this June SAT I and have to take it again in October, and moving the planned SAT IIs back to November...

By Davidn08 (Davidn08) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 08:15 pm: Edit

if i do very well on the october SAT1 (1450+), i'll apply ED to MIT, otherwise, and my EAs will hopefully include colleges like upenn, columbia, northwestern... i'm not sure yet though

By Davidn08 (Davidn08) on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 11:58 am: Edit

bump

By Athlonmj (Athlonmj) on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 12:03 pm: Edit

FYI, UPenn, Columbia, and Northwestern only offer ED. I'm pretty sure you can only ED one school.

By Number9 (Number9) on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 12:54 pm: Edit

By Number9 (Number9) on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 12:54 pm: Edit

Here's the question: Should I take my SAT IIs in October then my 3rd SAT retake in November? Or the other way around?

By Athlonmj (Athlonmj) on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 01:13 pm: Edit

Depends, what do you have you gotten on your SATs?

By Over30 (Over30) on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 03:33 pm: Edit

MIT is EA, not ED, and unless things have changed, it's not single choice.

After talking with the schools you can decide what to take.

By Number9 (Number9) on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 04:06 pm: Edit

Hmmm, I'll find out soon. I don't think they were any good...

By Paulhomework (Paulhomework) on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 08:22 pm: Edit

i'm in a similar situation..
I still have to take the writing SAT II in fall, and retake (3rd time) SAT I too.

My previous SAT scores are 1430 in march, and 1480 in May. In June I took Physics, and I had World History and Math IIC from last year.

So, should I retake SAT in October, or take Writing? (assuming I'll apply ED/EA to a ivy-caliber school, and that they accept November date also)

Ofcourse, If they don't accept November, I'll have to take Writing in October.

By Aviacaspirit (Aviacaspirit) on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 11:13 pm: Edit

yeah i definitely didn't do so great on 2/3 SAT II's.. my guidance counsler said that i can retake both of them in nov and have my scores rushed to NYU w/o a problem. everything will be fine

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page