SAT II Chem: Hard/easy?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: SAT II Chem: Hard/easy?
By Neogbc (Neogbc) on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 06:40 pm: Edit

what do you SAT II chem veterans think about what the test was like? hard? easy? i'm worried that I won't do so well this saturday. I keep getting between 590-690 on the princeton book, plus my chem honors teacher is new >___< and left us majorly underprepared. I like chemistry, but when I take the practice tests I always make a slip up of some sort. Any tips/suggestions for the real deal?

By Patty (Patty) on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 07:08 pm: Edit

i have the same ^ question. also are the princton review practice tests accurate?

By Aab123 (Aab123) on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 07:13 pm: Edit

Princeton Review is a bit easier than the real one. (IMO) I have been scoring 780-800 now in the PR books, so hopefully I should get like a 750.

By Newt (Newt) on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 07:58 pm: Edit

Yes, I feel that the princeton review is pretty easy (got 780). Then again, I have nothing to compare it to, except saturday's test :)

By Mehere (Mehere) on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 09:21 pm: Edit

No, princeton review is not easier than the real one. It's actually a little bit harder. However, the real one covers some material that is not presented in the PR book. I guess that makes the PR book easier? haha.. I'd say if you read the PR book over twice and get most if not all the concepts, it definitely adequate for a 780. When i do practice tests, i do them quickly in about 40 - 50 mins and not check anything over. I usually get around 750 or less on practice, but i got 800 on real. Good luck guys!

By Newt (Newt) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 05:14 pm: Edit

Do you know what kind of stuff is not covered in the PR book? Is it just general chemistry stuff?

By Fea (Fea) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 05:38 pm: Edit

How's the Kaplan one? To me it seemed there was a bunch of irrelevant/absurdly difficult things and I ended up with a 650

By Xranger (Xranger) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 06:11 pm: Edit

How about kaplan? is it accurate? easier/harder?

By Aab123 (Aab123) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 06:22 pm: Edit

I thought Kaplan's was very accurate in terms of the actual test. Not too hard, not too easy.

By Pianolover25 (Pianolover25) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 10:21 pm: Edit

I just took Kaplan's practice test and scored 770,is that accurate?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page