SATII -- Bio vs. Physics

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: SATII -- Bio vs. Physics
By Aceofhearts54 (Aceofhearts54) on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 10:49 pm: Edit

Alright kids, I have a problem.

I'm supposed to be taking Writing, 2C, and Bio on Saturday. Writing and math will not be a problem.

Bio on the other hand... I picked it because I have an excellent memory and bio seems like just a lot of memorization. So far I've been reading through the practice book, haven't taken any of the tests or gotten serious though. I now have 2 days to try to refresh my memory from what I learned in bio 2 years ago.

Or, I could just screw bio and take physics on standby. I heard you can do this. I don't have a book for physics, haven't seen a practice test, and don't plan to go out and buy one tomorrow. However, I took honors physics this year and thought it was really easy.

I don't know what to do. Is cramming for bio worth it? Or should I try going in cold on physics when I think I know it pretty well, but doubt my school covered all the material?

Or is it time to just blow off science, cancel the score, and take one next year?

All your opinions are greatly appreciated!

By Aceofhearts54 (Aceofhearts54) on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 12:44 pm: Edit

bump

By Jens (Jens) on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 01:43 pm: Edit

It really depends on how much bio you know. I suggest you get to it NOW, but then again these tests are meant to be studied for in 2 days. Why don't you take a bio and physics practice test & see how you do. I recommend the Real SAT II book, if both scores suck then I suggest waiting until Oct to take a science. I dont see a point in taking the test if you're not prepared. BTW I took honors physics too & I know for sure my class did not cover everything. Anyways Good Luck whatever you decide to do.

By Over30 (Over30) on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 02:59 pm: Edit

You won't have to take physics standby. They have all of the tests there, and if you've paid for 3 you can take any 3 you want.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page