Scores sent to colleges

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: Scores sent to colleges
By Apatel710 (Apatel710) on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 10:05 pm: Edit

hey does anyone know if the colleges that u select to send your SAT scores to for a particular sitting get sent all your scores, even the ones after that sitting?

By Tanman (Tanman) on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 11:55 pm: Edit

The colleges will get all your scores from this sitting and from all previous sittings. You will have to select the colleges the next time that you test for them to get future scores.

By Tan125 (Tan125) on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 03:05 am: Edit

I have a question. If we send our SAT/AP scores to universities, what do they do with the score reports? Obviously they don't know who we are...are they going to keep the score reports until we apply for confirmation?

By Over30 (Over30) on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 10:19 am: Edit

Generally the college will begin a file on you upon receipt of the first piece of anything they receive. Since you're sending your scores to them they know you're interested in their school.

You will have to have all future scores sent to the school.

My son chose not to send his scores until he was through taking the SAT and SAT II's. His last SAT score was 90 points higher than his first, so even though the school got his lower score they had his higher, more recent score too.

He won't send any of his AP scores until he gets senior year scores this summer.

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 10:21 am: Edit

Well the way my counselor described it, it's like the scores we send now are all in a big jumbled cloud and when we apply, the college will pull out the info of the people who apply.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page