Thanks Barrons IIC

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: Thanks Barrons IIC
By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 05:16 pm: Edit

I know a lot of you here are just like me, stressing because of the Barrons book. I've been consistently getting around 30 (620-720ish) on the barrons tests, and I was pretty panicked since the test is in three days.

Well today I took the test from the "REALS" book and got 45 (800) with 15 minutes to spare and I must say, that made me feel a lot better. I'm going to continue taking practice tests, but at least I won't be so lacking in confidence come test day.

So, even though I cursed Barrons for its harshness, but now I'm glad I used it because it makes everything else seem like a breeze.

And, of course all the posts here really helped too. So, thanks Barrons and everyone here!

By Mrbesch (Mrbesch) on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 05:24 pm: Edit

So Zante, Barrons is really that good?

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 05:37 pm: Edit

Well, it's not a miracle worker, but it certainly makes you try harder.
I think the review over-preps you, but I'd much rather be overprepped than unprepared.
And of course, I have yet to see what will happen on saturday...

By Madd87 (Madd87) on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 05:42 pm: Edit

but the barrons used some problems straight out of the reals test, 3 or 4 that I noticed I think.. the harder ones too, so they were a lot easier and that might distort it.

By Jens (Jens) on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 07:30 pm: Edit

I still dont like Barrons...lol
I cant even finish the last 10 on time! I also took the Real and got 800 but then again I had seen almost all the questions before so...
Curse Barrons for my really low confidence level!

By Joshjmgs (Joshjmgs) on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 08:04 pm: Edit

I was getting low- to mid-40's on Barrons, but it WAS harsh, but thank gawd, I think I did fairly well on the "22 Real", I got a 47 Raw (Omitted 2 one Wrong)
I omitted the one with the sets and the elements, and I didnt completely understand the cone with the cross-bar thing, but I got it now ;)
And I got the one wrong with the arithmatic series (opr sequence?), it p***ed me off, because I forgot to apply to Counting Principle to the LAST step (I put -50, it was -42.5)

O well, its still a strong score, and I am NOT complaining

But did anyone else realize how similiar the questions from the barrons (the first half :P) and the "Real" test were?
I was so excited :P (*is a proud nerd*)

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 12:39 am: Edit

I think that's because they literally took them off this test...grr just as I was getting really excited.

Well, I think i only like barrons now because i'm done with it and refuse to look at the book again.

And if I do well on this test, that'll be the end of SAT testing...maybe i'll have a little bonfire with all my prep books to celebrate =)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page