Another "rate my essay" post.. sorry, but thanks

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: Another "rate my essay" post.. sorry, but thanks
By Haruhara (Haruhara) on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 05:05 pm: Edit

There has always been great passion to bring about change.

evaluate the validity of this statement using x, x, x, and x.

(prompt from 22 reals)

Throughout history, current events, and even literature, there has always been a great passion to bring about change. From the scientific revolutions of the modern era and the Rennaissance, to the pressures of political reform during the French Revolution and the American Civil Rights movement, this statement cannot be disputed.
Great minds such as Sir Isaac Newton, Ptolemy, Galileo, and Albert Einstein viewed the world in profoundly different ways from other people. In their search for the “true” nature of the universe, they managed to uproot old, traditional thought and put in its place radically different, but true, models of the universe. Einstein, with his theory of relativity, shattered everything knew about time and space, while Ptolemy defied religious dogma by replacing the Earth with the sun as the center of the “universe”. Galileo and Newton shattered common notions on gravity and basic mechanics with their models of gravity. All of these changes have helped civilization in advancing technology for the betterment of humankind.
On a more political note, we can look to the French Revolution, which was a massive upheaval of traditional monarchial governments. The American Civil Rights Movement, Headed largely by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, defied the old American racism. Even today, people are constantly striving for change.
Over the course of history, it has been obvious that the great passion for change not only succeeds in dismantling old, traditional concepts, but that it also provides a benefit to society as a whole; Therefore, change is no only inevitable, but beneficial.

(length is comparable to that of the 5/5 essay in 22 reals, but i think i ended it on a bad note...)

By Haruhara (Haruhara) on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 06:30 pm: Edit

bump bump

By Haruhara (Haruhara) on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 07:35 pm: Edit

i'm getting desperate here.. bump bump

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page