What SAT II book should I get for US History cramming?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: What SAT II book should I get for US History cramming?
By Laurenh87 (Laurenh87) on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 03:44 pm: Edit

I know I only have 3 days but what review book would you recommend? I have the REA one that used for the AP but I want some practice tests. Thanks!

By Crypto86 (Crypto86) on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 03:46 pm: Edit

Get PR. Barrons is awful - there is like no review in it - just tips on how to write essays on several broad areas of history.

Also, if you can, get the AMSCO book (that's the publisher) - it's really for AP, but it has a great review part - has just enough info without adding extraneous info. We used it for AP review and it definately helped. Good Luck!

Also, to see where you are in the schemes of things, take on the of free online US History SAT IIs at sparknotes.com. If you have already used your free one, just make a new username.

By Laurenh87 (Laurenh87) on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 03:52 pm: Edit

Does the PR one have practice tests?

By Crypto86 (Crypto86) on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 03:56 pm: Edit

I'm not sure actually. On the other hand, since the AMSCO book is geared toward AP rather than SAT II, it has 80 question MC exams (2 of them - with a couple of errors though).

By Laurenh87 (Laurenh87) on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 03:57 pm: Edit

Thanks!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page