SAT I Verbal Strategies

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: SAT I Verbal Strategies
By Ajoshi05 (Ajoshi05) on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 02:04 am: Edit

Hey, I just wanted to know if anybody has any good strategies for the verbal section to recieve a 700 or better. B/C i've gotten 800s in math but cannot get up to that 1500 level b/c of the darn verbal section. Please help me out. Thanx!

By Asfafan (Asfafan) on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 02:20 am: Edit

exactly the same situation here! i am soooo dead...

By Ajoshi05 (Ajoshi05) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 02:01 pm: Edit

ok, I really need some strategies to pull up my verbal(especially CR) score. If someone would please post up some strategies or tricks, I would really appreciate it. Thanx!

By Xiggi (Xiggi) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 02:16 pm: Edit

A search on CC for CR yields the following answer:

Your search for CR matched 4107 pages.

This means that the question has been answered many, many times.

You can use "google this site" to refine your search.

It is a good exerice in critical reading or reading comprehension to wade through the countless posts.

One quick tip for CR: the answer is ALWAYS in the document you are reading and do not use prior knowledge to determine your answers. The answer is right there in front of you. As far as methods, there is NOT a single method that works for everyone and YOU have to try them all to see what works for you. That is a big difference from the math sections where some methods are clearly better. The verbal sections are completely dependent on the abilities of the testers, especially the power to concentrate for 15-20 minutes. The ONLY way to improve is by practicing the various methods as you won't find universal shortcuts.

By 1212 (1212) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 03:43 pm: Edit

Xiggi is exactly right, practice and absolute focus makes it much easier. Thoughts about Janet Reno is gonna have to wait until the math section.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page