Picking & Choosing SAT II Scores...

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: Picking & Choosing SAT II Scores...
By Curtisny (Curtisny) on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 06:15 pm: Edit

Can we pick and choose which SAT scores we'd like to send during admissions?

I know they automatically see every SAT I score you have, but what of the subject tests?

By Sdrew (Sdrew) on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 06:20 pm: Edit

They see it all. Score choice is no longer available.

By R2005 (R2005) on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 06:21 pm: Edit

I think you have the option of only sending out the ones you would like universities to see..

Correct me if I'm incorrect.

By R2005 (R2005) on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 06:22 pm: Edit

Whoa, Sdrew, and you know this how?

By Athlonmj (Athlonmj) on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 06:32 pm: Edit

CB sends all your scores but on your application you only have to write down the scores you want to.

By Curtisny (Curtisny) on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 06:58 pm: Edit

still not really getting an answer here...

i want to apply early decision to Brown and they require three SAT II subject tests. I'm signed up to take writing and Math 1C on Saturday but I really havn't had any time to prepare.

Should i hold off and wait till october or take them now and deal with the scores i receive...?

By R2005 (R2005) on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 07:02 pm: Edit

I'm in the same boat as you (different college, though) and am taking mine twice.

It's Tuesday. You have 3 days of SOLID study time. That's MORE than enough.

I say, study this time, do good. Then, take them in October and blow them away.

Regardless, this was never the exact question you were asking in your initial post. You asked if colleges would see multiple SAT II scores, and you got answers. :)

By Curtisny (Curtisny) on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 07:19 pm: Edit

While i did see answers, i wish they were a little bit more definitive...The contrast between sdrew and r2005 is puzzling...

By Jrpar (Jrpar) on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 07:40 pm: Edit

I think sdrew is thinking of "score choice", where you could decide whether or not to release scores from particular tests to colleges. Score choice was done away with 2 years ago. When collegeboard sends off your scores to colleges, all tests (SAT I's and II's) will appear on your report.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page