When should I take SAT II Bio?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: When should I take SAT II Bio?
By Minglu1234 (Minglu1234) on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 05:37 pm: Edit

My high school offers biology in freshman year. It also has AP Biology in jounior year. Should I take SATII bio at the end of freshman year or wait till i take AP bio???

By Physicskid123 (Physicskid123) on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 05:48 pm: Edit

Wait for AP bio, it will be easier. However one of my friends took it as a freshman and got an 800, and he just took the AP Bio Exam. It would be a lot of work, and you'd get a head start on AP if you studied for it and took it, but that would be a lot of work. Also, you'll definitely do better after AP bio.

By Minglu1234 (Minglu1234) on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 05:59 pm: Edit

Yea, but in jr year, you would be studying for the SATs and other SAT2s. Plus, in NJ, you have to take the HSPA (state standarized test) in jr.

By Crypto86 (Crypto86) on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 07:07 pm: Edit

The HSPA is a joke. I finished every section with 15 minutes left (out of 30min-60min total). Trust me, no one here should even worry about that.

By Minglu1234 (Minglu1234) on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 09:32 pm: Edit

Bump. Anyone else has an anzwer to my question?

By Over30 (Over30) on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 11:09 pm: Edit

My freshman is taking it Saturday. He has only had honors biology, and his teacher admitted she didn't teach some of the stuff that's on the SAT because none of her honors students ever take it, just her AP students. However, we bought a Barron's and she gave him a book to study, so we'll see how it goes. He's talked to several people who said he should be fine if he studies some.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page