SAT II/ AP spanish- mexican or spain??

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2004 Archive: SAT II/ AP spanish- mexican or spain??
By Incognita (Incognita) on Sunday, May 30, 2004 - 07:27 pm: Edit

I've been learning spanish for like four years now and i need to take the tests mentioned above, but i leanred spain spanish, and there are vast differences in the mexican and spain spanish in a few areas. WHat should i do? Are the AP/ SAT II spanish tests in spain or mexican spanish? ARHHHH! im so confused!
please help

By Incognita (Incognita) on Sunday, May 30, 2004 - 09:35 pm: Edit

BUMPY BUP

By Sns22022 (Sns22022) on Sunday, May 30, 2004 - 09:48 pm: Edit

It's in standard spanish, the kind their little language regulation group uses...something like that. lol. There aren't that many differences, I believe. Unless you've been learning like, Catalan you won't have any problems whatsoever. The only major diffence is the vosotros tense, and you have to be able to *recognize it* but since you've been learning it all along you'll have no problem at all.

By Varr (Varr) on Sunday, May 30, 2004 - 10:00 pm: Edit

Im Mexican (I oviosuly speak mexican-spanish)
I recently took the SATII Spanish ( just for fun, me and my friends wanted to see what was the big fuss about)
Its both hmm the mexican spanish with the formal vocabulary of the spain-spanish wich is Vosotros etc..

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 08:50 pm: Edit

The AP has hardly any Spain Spanish...like, the correct answer would be lo if in Spain they use le as the direct object. And of course, the speaking people don't have spanish accents. But you should have no problem.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page