Preparation for high score in SAT I

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2004 Archive: Preparation for high score in SAT I
By Vanha (Vanha) on Saturday, May 29, 2004 - 10:52 pm: Edit

I'm preparing or SAT I. I took about 1100 in the first real SAT I in my life (oh my god ) . Now I have just 5 moths to prepare . To you how many times per day shoul I cram so that my final score can be more than 1300 ( that is my expected score to apply to some good university ). I know it sounds impossible and maybe a little bit crazy .

I just want to know your idea and your experience . Is thee anyone here on the same boat ?

Please come in and share your opinions . Also in some useful ways to prepare for SAT I or your experience in cramming for SAT . How many times did you have 3,5,6 moths or 1 year
Feel free to talk about your own experience
Thnak you very much

By Zas1987 (Zas1987) on Saturday, May 29, 2004 - 11:08 pm: Edit

My advise to you is to aim high, higher than a 1300. Dont be satisfied with yourself until you reach that goal... After practice tests go over every single question you got wrong. Try to understand WHY you got it wrong. Keep a running list of vocab that you missed on the verbal sections. Stuff like this... but definitely dont cram during the last month. Take your time, and best of luck! :)

By Vanha (Vanha) on Sunday, May 30, 2004 - 10:15 pm: Edit

Thanks so much for your fast reply and also for your nice encouragement. Today I 've just read some more posts in this forum and I can see that some of you are really experts in SAT I , which makes me a little bit jealous of ^_^ . However, I know my ablity. English is my foreign language so I am not sure if I can ahieve more than I expecte. I just know that I will keep trying my best

Thanks again for your inspiring words. By the way could you please to share your experience in preapring and taking SAT I.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page