More Math IIC Questions

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: More Math IIC Questions
By Whirlziggi (Whirlziggi) on Saturday, May 29, 2004 - 08:20 pm: Edit

So I'm also freaking about the IIC because I'm not doing so well in the Barron's. I'm just wondering, is it because their problems are too hard or do they cover a lot of stuff thats not on the actual test? Because I know the stuff that's in there.. I'm just wondering if I should waste my time stressing out over everything in the book, when i could focus in on a couple of topics? Can anyone who's taken the test give me some advice? Thanks. I also have the Kaplan book, is that better? Also, in my math class we really didnt use Ti-83's that much.. just sci calculators.. will I be at a great disadvantage if i dont use a ti-83, is it worth for me to try to learn how to use one six days before the test? Thanks so much.

By Duvc2003 (Duvc2003) on Sunday, May 30, 2004 - 06:14 pm: Edit

You better learn quick, a graphing calculator is pretty much necessary for the mathIIc test. I bought a TI-89 the other day, and it helped me tremendously on the practice tests.

By Binarystar (Binarystar) on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 01:30 am: Edit

I barely used a graphing calculator. The only times you really need it for simple stuff like the "nCr" function for combinations, or graphing trig. functions to get the period/amplitude quickly.

By Welshie (Welshie) on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 02:23 am: Edit

Graphing calculator is far from necessary. When I took the IIC I was a big fan of my 83+ but it ended up disappearing or breaking before the test and so I had to use the dreaded 89 (dreaded at the time because I had never used it). Using the 89 for arithmetic I did well (800). Heck, I didn't even have know how to use the nCr and nPr buttons let along Solve( and Factor(, etc.

-jesse

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page