Scheduling Question

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2004 Archive: Scheduling Question
By Number9 (Number9) on Wednesday, May 26, 2004 - 07:09 pm: Edit

Hey all. Quick question, I'll try to explain it best over the internet as possible.

Next year is my senior year and I go to a small school, so some of these courses may seem basic, but they are largely taken by seniors and harder...

My schedule as of now stands as this:
AP Calc BC
AP Eng Lit
Physics
Government/Econ
Choir
French IV
Study Hall
Latin I (Through a correspondence independent study program)
AP Euro Hist (Self-study)

My school only has 4 APs, and I took the 2 I could last year (only advanced seniors can take Calc and Lit). Physics and Government are both senior courses (Government is req'd for graduation, and many seniors don't take Physics or AP Bio unless they skipped Freshman Science [which I did])

I want to take a Latin course (even if it means throwing some money for a correspondence course), as I think it will be beneficial and I've had a strong interest in it. Also, with liking APUSH this year, I think Im going to self-study APEuro.

I have the study hall because I was originally going to take a post-secondary course at a college (max of 7 classes school rule), but I missed the deadline. I am considering becoming a teacher's aid (as I am low of ECs) during the study hall.

However, my school offers a Business Law course (the only law course), and I want to become an attorney. If I sign up for BizLaw I will sacrifice half of that study hall in which I could be a teacher's aid. I fear BizLaw will be incredibly easy and a waste of time.

So there's the question: Should I take the semester long Business Law course that could be incredibly too easy or should I take the study hall and become a teacher's aid (I wont have any law courses coming into college, and not a lot of knowledge).

I'm leaning towards just taking the study hall...

ANY feedback at all is appreciated!

By Kwtortoise (Kwtortoise) on Wednesday, May 26, 2004 - 11:40 pm: Edit

Take the law--you're interested. That would only be if you could handle your course load (looks hard to me) and could do without the extra homework time of study hall.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page