BARRONS CHEM SAT II: CHAPTER 13

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2004 Archive: BARRONS CHEM SAT II: CHAPTER 13
By Thunder77 (Thunder77) on Sunday, May 23, 2004 - 02:06 pm: Edit

Hey,

IS the Barron;s Chapter 13 relevant to the Chem sat ii at all? Its titled some representative groups and elements.
Those who took the test before and have used this book, please clarify!!

By Thunder77 (Thunder77) on Sunday, May 23, 2004 - 05:26 pm: Edit

BUMP

Also, the raw score for the barrons practice test seem really lenient. Do the scores on their test correspond with the real one?

Thanks !

By Jess13 (Jess13) on Sunday, May 23, 2004 - 05:42 pm: Edit

the chem does have a great curve...I'm not sure about the chapter 13 question tho...

By Pianolover25 (Pianolover25) on Sunday, May 23, 2004 - 05:48 pm: Edit

I was wondering the same thing. I also have another question about the SAT 2. Do we need to know organic chemistry in so much detail?

By Kewlkiwi102 (Kewlkiwi102) on Sunday, May 23, 2004 - 06:13 pm: Edit

Ch 13 is really not that detailed. Honestly, it will take you an hour to learn it. Just learn it. Sure, a lot of the detailed stuff may not come up but wouldnt you kick yourself if you didnt learn it?
Dont say that learning it will be a waste of time. You may need it some day. Learn it for the sake if learning if nothing else.

By Mahras (Mahras) on Sunday, May 23, 2004 - 06:18 pm: Edit

WTF is with the organic chem!!!AAAAHHHHHGGGGGHHHHH!!! Its driving me insane in the fcuking membrane. I cant remember all the organic chem for my life. And whats with all the T/F/CE. Its so crazy. *sob* Please guys I need help like now. Barrons is sooo hard and if the real test is like that then i have a .1 percent chance of getting a 700+.

By Thunder77 (Thunder77) on Sunday, May 23, 2004 - 07:38 pm: Edit

Hey,

Is the diagnostic test easier? I did horrible on it but according to barron's scale I should have gotten 700. I don't believe it though.

Any more comments on Chapter 13? I dont have much time so sorry.. I can't learn it just for the sake of learning it !!!

By Scion (Scion) on Monday, May 24, 2004 - 02:47 am: Edit

whats a 61-64 raw score?

By Jens (Jens) on Monday, May 24, 2004 - 10:16 am: Edit

If you told us what the chapter was about it would be helpful...but as for organic chem I remember there were a few questions on it, nothing major tho just basics.

By Thunder77 (Thunder77) on Monday, May 24, 2004 - 07:08 pm: Edit

The chapter is on Sulfur Groups and Nitroen Groups, etc. It basically talks about everything related to sulfur like all its different compounds and all its common uses.

By Jens (Jens) on Monday, May 24, 2004 - 11:55 pm: Edit

You should probably review it, I remember a few questions on the chem properties of some elements (ie which burns blue ) or something like that.

By Pianolover25 (Pianolover25) on Tuesday, May 25, 2004 - 08:30 pm: Edit

I have two weeks left. I haven't started Princeton SAT 2 Chem, but is it worth reading?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page