SAT II Physics

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2004 Archive: SAT II Physics
By Zas1987 (Zas1987) on Saturday, May 22, 2004 - 08:19 pm: Edit

Im preparing for the SAT II physics for June, and I took a practice test from the Princeton Review book today. Does anyone know if these tests are fairly accurate of the actual exam?

By Physicskid123 (Physicskid123) on Saturday, May 22, 2004 - 09:00 pm: Edit

Yeah they are very accurate. Just a eeny bit harder, not much.

By Kayoshin (Kayoshin) on Saturday, May 22, 2004 - 09:46 pm: Edit

I'm taking the test on June as well. So far i've been working mostly out of the BARRON'S book, but i've heard some bad responses concerning the book. I also have a Princeton Review book, though.
But what worries me is that my teacher isnt properly covering the topics. So i'd just want to ask:
Is there a lot of emphasis on Electricity and Magnetism, and the Quantum Phenomenon?

Response is desparately needed ^_^"

By Physicskid123 (Physicskid123) on Sunday, May 23, 2004 - 05:50 pm: Edit

Yeah, like 25-30% or so is electricity and magnetism and I had like 4 or 5 questions on quantum phenomena. The Barron's book is horrible; if you learn everything in the PR one you will get an 800 definitely. I also suggest using the REA book for the 5 full length practice tests. Also, barrons has fluid mechanics in it, which isnt even part of the test. Stick w/ PR, study 25-30 minutes a day and you'll have an 800.

By Kayoshin (Kayoshin) on Sunday, May 23, 2004 - 09:13 pm: Edit

Thanks a lot Physicskid

By Anon68 (Anon68) on Monday, May 24, 2004 - 07:20 pm: Edit

The Barron's book is not horrible. It just has a little extra information and if you are familiar with the test (taken some practice tests), you know to disregard the obviously extranneaous information. Mastering the Barron's literally guarantees a 780+ while the PR's does not.

By Crypto86 (Crypto86) on Monday, May 24, 2004 - 08:15 pm: Edit

Thanks for the information guys. I will pick up the PR book this week sometime. I have been using Kaplans and it is ok. It has revived some lost information from the beginning of the year, but it's questions are so easy compared to the CB's online practice questions. I got a 770 practice without any knowledge on mirrors,lenses,magnetism,circuits,and quantum. Now I know all that except magnetism (I know a little about it) and quantum, so hopefully with extra review I can definately get 780+.

By Chezo (Chezo) on Tuesday, May 25, 2004 - 08:34 pm: Edit

wat about the Kaplan one?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page