Math IIC and matrices

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2004 Archive: Math IIC and matrices
By Llamapyjamas (Llamapyjamas) on Thursday, May 20, 2004 - 10:01 pm: Edit

I bought a test-prep book for the June 5th SAT II for Math IIC. It's the REA book, which is my kind of test prep for something like math: five practice tests and minimal teaching. However, it doesn't have anything on matrices, which I know appear on the test, and the matrix question on the collegeboard website is concept oriented rather than plug and chug in the calculator. My calculus book has nothing about matrices. Does anyone know of a website that I can use to review something I haven't looked at in three years?

Also, is it really necessary to memorize all those half-angle double-angle whatever trig functions? I have a TI-89, and I still can't figure out how to program strings. Is there a website where I can download a program with trig formulas?

By Amitoman (Amitoman) on Friday, May 21, 2004 - 04:29 pm: Edit

press the APPS button, go to Text Editor, and use that for strings

By Kevinkleinz (Kevinkleinz) on Friday, May 21, 2004 - 05:08 pm: Edit

I took the test in May and the only memorized piece of knowledge I remember using was the law of sines. There was absolutely no mention about, much less a problem on, matrices; nor did any half-angle or double-angle identities pop up. But if you want to go ahead and review matrices, go for it. :)

By Amitoman (Amitoman) on Friday, May 21, 2004 - 05:24 pm: Edit

the tests aren't the same every time, you know

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page