BARRONS SAT II CHEMISTRY

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2004 Archive: BARRONS SAT II CHEMISTRY
By Thunder77 (Thunder77) on Thursday, May 20, 2004 - 09:32 pm: Edit

Hey,

Is everything on the test IN the barron's book? I also have the Kaplan's book and some stuff in Kaplan is not in the Barrons(or covered in very little detail).

Is the depth of discussion on all topics in Barrons adequate? This is for SAT II CHEMISTRY!!

By Succor101 (Succor101) on Thursday, May 20, 2004 - 10:53 pm: Edit

No-skim thru a textbook for everything
besides, barrons has tons of typos and mistakes

By Thunder77 (Thunder77) on Friday, May 21, 2004 - 05:36 pm: Edit

Really..

Any more comments on this for people that took this before? There seems to be a lot of 800 chem people here.

By Futuredoc123 (Futuredoc123) on Friday, May 21, 2004 - 07:18 pm: Edit

yes, help would be appreciated in regards to this question...i also have both books and dont know which one is better

By Thunder77 (Thunder77) on Saturday, May 22, 2004 - 01:11 pm: Edit

BUMP

Please.. I know most people here knows the answer to my question. Please help !

By Louman226 (Louman226) on Saturday, May 22, 2004 - 03:06 pm: Edit

barrons totally overprepares you.. it is full of tons of random tidbits of info that arent very useful. thus if u study it, youll for sure do awesome. their tests are also more difficult than the real thing. i used barrons (mainly because it comes with so many tests) and princeton review and got an 800. PR was right on target with the real thing.

By Thunder77 (Thunder77) on Saturday, May 22, 2004 - 05:40 pm: Edit

What did you get on the Barron's practice test on average?

By Hiamerica (Hiamerica) on Saturday, May 22, 2004 - 05:40 pm: Edit

I just heard, from someone that i should sub tract like 70 points from my PR score, just because it does not imitate the real thing, and also it is too easy. I don't understand?

By Kms0484 (Kms0484) on Saturday, May 22, 2004 - 06:18 pm: Edit

No way, I jus studied with PR and concentrate on regular school classes bring me 800
Don't trust too much on Barrons or Kaplans...
Stick with one book and know everything...

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page