Am I a scholar yet for nat achievement/merit????

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2004 Archive: Am I a scholar yet for nat achievement/merit????
By Louis_Vuitton (Louis_Vuitton) on Tuesday, May 18, 2004 - 05:11 pm: Edit

Hey y'all, I took the PSAT this year but graduated early. I'm in a FL state university now. I got a 4 year diploma (24 CREDITS), in 3 years however. So I took the PSAT senior/junior year and got a 225. Igot the actual letter for national merit where you pick the two schools or whatever. I definately got both national merit and acheivement (If i can get both). The problem is I need to be a national merit scholar to get some state minority grant for summer funding. If i got the letter and im in the 50,000 for sure does that mean i'm a Scholar already and if so would the state would have this on file?

Thanks, sorry about the grammar in a rush

Marcumbius

By Geniusash (Geniusash) on Tuesday, May 18, 2004 - 05:26 pm: Edit

No. This letter does NOT mean your are a scholar (or finalist, as most all scholarships require), but with a 225 in Florida you WILL be named a Semifinalist in the fall. After that you must file a seperate application (sent by NMSC) to move on to finalist status.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page