Does it matter to colleges which SAT II's I have?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2004 Archive: Does it matter to colleges which SAT II's I have?
By Esmeralda1 (Esmeralda1) on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 10:20 pm: Edit

I've taken the Biology, Chemistry and Math IIC SAT II's. I got 790, 790, and 760.
I'm happy with those scores, but I'm wondering if
I should have taken some english or history SAT II's because I'm not really a science/math person, and most of my EC's and talents are in the humanities
I can't take any SAT II's in June because I'm taking the SAT I then.
Is this going to look bad (or just weird) on my college applications?

By Feuler (Feuler) on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 11:17 pm: Edit

Check in the admissions materials of the schools you want to apply to; different schools require different SAT IIs, so you should make sure you take those that are required. Beyond that I imagine it is up to you. You'll probably need to take Writing, since almost all schools that want IIs want that one, but if you don't think you'll score high, you probably shouldn't take it unless it's required.

By Kkay (Kkay) on Monday, May 17, 2004 - 12:36 pm: Edit

You know, I wouldn't think it's weird. In fact, would colleges appreciate the fact that you've shown ability in both science and the humanities? Hm...I'd also take Writing. As Feuler says, many colleges require Writing. Plus it'd balance your science subjects out a bit.

By Dkm (Dkm) on Monday, May 17, 2004 - 02:08 pm: Edit

u need writing or literature
to prove ur english is good

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page