SAT I vs SAT II

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2004 Archive: SAT I vs SAT II
By Thermodude (Thermodude) on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 05:28 pm: Edit

Just out of curiousity....which do Ivies and other top schools such as MIT, Caltech and Stanford place more emphasis on....SAT I's or SAT II's.

By Ragnathor (Ragnathor) on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 06:05 pm: Edit

I heard they are about equal.

By Drusba (Drusba) on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 07:11 pm: Edit

None of those profess to place more emphasis on either. All University of California schools place more emphasis on the II's.

By Qwert271 (Qwert271) on Sunday, May 16, 2004 - 12:55 pm: Edit

The SAT 1 attempts to measure aptitude. SAT 2 attempts to measure subjects on a nationally standard scale. So, whichever matters more in your individual situation. If you have low grades and high corresponding SAT 2s, they can give you a boost. If you have little evidence of high aptitude with high SAT 1 scores, then they can give you a boost again. It really is a factor to verify/challenge everything else about you. Overall, I think they're about equal. If you have low SAT 2 scores, that's very bad because they will nullify any good grades you have in those subjects. If you have VERY low SAT 1 scores, they will basically put you out of the running, period.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page