What are AP Score Reports like?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2004 Archive: What are AP Score Reports like?
By Stjaba (Stjaba) on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 04:13 pm: Edit

I just took my first AP Exam a little over a week ago, and I was just wondering what the AP Score Report that comes in July is like. Does it just have your score(1-5) or do you get information on your FRQ subscores and MC subscores? Or statistical information or anything like that? I wanna get my $82 worth!

By Gregmh48 (Gregmh48) on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 04:18 pm: Edit

They only give your 1-5 score for each exam you take.

By Terpfan101 (Terpfan101) on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 10:22 pm: Edit

yeah i wish they would give you the breakdown such as subscores and percentages. However i am sure they dont want to do release how well you did on the multiple choice because you could tell people the answers or something. But atleast they could tell you your scores on the essays. But im guessing they dont tell because people would complain (what do you mean i only got a 7/9? etc.)

By Feuler (Feuler) on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 11:13 pm: Edit

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but it seems logical to me that they don't give subscores because they don't want people reporting them to colleges. If they did, it would cause people to stress over every little point, like on the SAT, and attempt to study in such a way as to cover every single fact, rather than going in depth on things that are interesting. Also, I think part of it is that the original intent of APs is not to be a standardized test so much as a placement exam, which is why they neatly divide it into five basic categories.

I'm not articulating this very well, but it makes sense in several respects.

Oh, another thing that just occured to me is that another possible reason is the variability of the free response- when an essay score is really only accurate within one or two points out of nine, it is probably better to just have plateaus than to differentiate every little point.

By Shelly147 (Shelly147) on Sunday, May 16, 2004 - 01:46 am: Edit

I know that with AP Music Theory, you get separate scores for the written and aural portions. I don't think this happens with anything else though

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page