Can I Just Not Take It?!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2004 Archive: Can I Just Not Take It?!
By Antique (Antique) on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 02:33 pm: Edit

I'm a junior and have already signed up for the June 5th SAT I. However, I don't think I'll be ready by that time and I'm wondering what'll happen if I just don't appear at the test (other then losing 28 bucks)...

Does anyone know?

Last time I got a 1390, but I had studied a lot. There's barely any time now (I've finals and stuff) and I would HATE to see my score go down.

There are still 3 dates come fall to take the SAT so I don't think I should risk a lower score..

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!

By Antique (Antique) on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 03:07 pm: Edit

BUMP

By Calidan (Calidan) on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 03:43 pm: Edit

Well, since you can't back out of the test or get any money back, why not just go ahead and take it, and then cancel your scores? It's a great way to practice, and no one ever sees those scores or that you cancelled the test! And if you feel really good about them, just don't cancel them. Hope this helps.

By Sulskman (Sulskman) on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 03:45 pm: Edit

Or, if you wish, you can call CB and use your money for the SAT I and take the SAT II in subjects that you have finals in around June 5th so you will be prepared for it.

By Moondogguy (Moondogguy) on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 09:54 pm: Edit

My son was in a similar situation. Had signed up and then decided not to take the SAT. (Had gotten back his ACT scores and had done well enough for the schools he was considering and so didn't see the need of taking the SAT.) We called the SAT folks and asked them. They said just not to show up and nothing will happen. (No show is not reported to anyone.) We don't even have to notify them ahead of time. They will not give a refund, but they will apply the money to the cost of another one of their tests (SAT I, SAT II, etc.)later on if you want.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page