NATIONAL MERIT.....HELP

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2004 Archive: NATIONAL MERIT.....HELP
By Tkdgal (Tkdgal) on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 09:58 am: Edit

I lost my paper saying I have been "entered" into the competition....I have a 224....will this affect whether I am notified as a semi next fall????

By Suprmodl29 (Suprmodl29) on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 11:30 am: Edit

no. do you mean the sheet where you write your top 2 colleges? it's ok, you just don't get to notify your colleges. i think that's what you're talking about. Still, even if you lost any letter of congratulations, it shouldn't affect you. you did awesome by the way

By Tkdgal (Tkdgal) on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 12:46 pm: Edit

Thanks...are you sure? My counselor said something about nobody bothering to send in paperwork...I'm just kinda scared that I won't be put in the running for a bigger scholarship oppurtunity. Ahhhh....

By Northstarmom (Northstarmom) on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 12:53 pm: Edit

People do send in the paperwork. I think, however, the paperwork that counts is the paperwork that you'll have to fill out in the fall if you make semifinalist.

If you have questions, though, contact the organization running National Merit. Don't rely on this board or your principal. No matter how well meaning posters may be, we are not experts.

By Jenesaispas (Jenesaispas) on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 05:50 pm: Edit

No. The papers to send notification to two colleges has NO impact on your standing in the scholarship program, so let your fears be laid to rest.

By Tkdgal (Tkdgal) on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 07:52 pm: Edit

Thank you so much...I emailed both the College Board and the National Merit Scholarship Corp, but got no response as of yet.

By Lambchop (Lambchop) on Tuesday, May 18, 2004 - 10:23 pm: Edit

according to my friend's overpaid college counselor, the sole iota of a benefit you get from putting down the two colleges is that they will know you're interested. woohoo.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page