SAT II Advice needed (Math 2/Writing)

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2004 Archive: SAT II Advice needed (Math 2/Writing)
By Flchagani (Flchagani) on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 09:31 am: Edit

Hello all,
I am taking the June administration of the SAT II Math IIC and Writing. For Math IIC, I have Barron's, but I simply can't go through that book. I mean, the material is presented in a BORING way. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE math (straight A's in Precal this year), but the typos and its presentation are ANNOYING! I keep fallign asleep after I read a couple of pages on trig, probability, etc. Should I switch books? My friend has Peterson's SAT II Success for Math Ic/IIc. Should I ask him for it? I also have access to Kaplan and Princeton Review? Which one should I get? Or should I order one online (Arco, etc.)? How well will 22 Real SAT IIs prepare me? Or should I just go through my whole precal textbook?

Finally, I am using Arco and Princeton Review for the SAT II Writing test. Will those two help me enough to get 700+? How can I prepare for the Essay section? My Achillie's Heel is thinking of the example of literature that most people say should somehow be included within your essay. I would appreciate ANY suggestions.

By Kkay (Kkay) on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 10:25 am: Edit

I did not read the Barrons book. I had it but it bored me to death, plus it makes very simple concepts seem more complicated that they really are

my advice is, if you already know it, don't bother reading it. Just go over the formulas.

if u really want to prep urself, I'd suggest just doing some practice tests.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page