What IIC Books

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2004 Archive: What IIC Books
By Neelg01 (Neelg01) on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 04:10 am: Edit

What should i get for SAT math IIC? I already have a Kaplan book. How is that? Should i get princeton review or barrons. Im not super great at math but will barrons work with me?

By Neelg01 (Neelg01) on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 02:09 pm: Edit

bump

By Welshie (Welshie) on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 02:13 pm: Edit

I thought Princeton Review was pretty accurate in the type of questions it presented. Barron's tends to over-prepare you but, given the fact you aren't "super great at math," Barron's could be very demoralizing for you. You make the call, if you feel you are adequately motivated to take on the challenge Barron's gives you then I can assure you, you will be handsomely rewarded. If you don't think you can handle the strain of Barron's, Princeton Review will definitely be kinder and still helpful.

-Jesse

By Neelg01 (Neelg01) on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 02:24 pm: Edit

Is Princeton review pretty comprehensive?

By Neelg01 (Neelg01) on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 03:53 pm: Edit

bump

By Welshie (Welshie) on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 06:04 pm: Edit

Well I didn't really study with the PR book. I bought the REA book on a whim- looked over the material in it and took two practice tests from it. Then, I went to Barnes and Noble and sat down with a PR book, skimmed it and took a handful of practice questions. In addition to that, another board member and myself exchanged questions and that was good prep. I ended up with an 800 with lots of time to spare. Good luck and don't hesistate to ask questions.

-Jesse

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page