ALL THOSE WHO TOOK MATH IC BEFORE

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2004 Archive: ALL THOSE WHO TOOK MATH IC BEFORE
By Thunder77 (Thunder77) on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 11:35 pm: Edit

Hey,

What did you guys get and what was your percentile? I just got my score back and I want to see how people here did on it(from this year or last year). I'm considering taking it again since the curve is so harsh and I think I only missed 2 or 3 questions.

Thanks!

By Averagemathgeek (Averagemathgeek) on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 11:59 pm: Edit

I took it last summer
750 - 97%

However, the percentile drops to 96% when compared to the Class of 2003.

By Thunder77 (Thunder77) on Friday, May 14, 2004 - 12:03 am: Edit

Hey,

I got a 750 too--96 percentile

I'm assuming from your name that you're very good at math. I actually like my score, but the fact that I knew every question on the test and still not be able to get all of them correct bothers me .

If I take it again, what should I do to refresh my memory and make me get a better score?

I will take IIC also next year, but I still want to ace the IC first and it bothers me that some people got a 99th percentile.

By Averagemathgeek (Averagemathgeek) on Friday, May 14, 2004 - 12:27 am: Edit

I am okay at math. Perhaps, I am above-average. But, it is just a name.

What will really bother you is that an 800 on the IIC is only the 90th percentile. I was disappointed with a "perfect" score.

I doubt that getting a perfect IC score will help you much. However, you seem determined to get that 800. The only true way to increase ability in Mathematics is through practice, in my humble opinion. I have heard Barron's is thorough. I didn't prep so I cannot speak with experience.

By Kms0484 (Kms0484) on Friday, May 14, 2004 - 12:50 am: Edit

800 at second try, 99% ! WooT!

By Eecs (Eecs) on Friday, May 14, 2004 - 12:56 am: Edit

haha math ic marked my first collegeboard examination that i ever took.. oh boy there will be much more to come..

may 1
800 - 99%

it's just a matter of not making stupid careless mistakes on the real thing.

By Hoody (Hoody) on Friday, May 14, 2004 - 08:44 am: Edit

I got a 730 which is 92%------taking Math II in june.............i know I made two stupid mistakes! Oh well..

By Mychocopie (Mychocopie) on Friday, May 14, 2004 - 04:09 pm: Edit

530 -- 30%

that was a little harder than I expected. heh...

By Thunder77 (Thunder77) on Sunday, May 16, 2004 - 12:07 pm: Edit

Hey,

I have one important question to ask ALL you guys who retook the test and did better,

Did you actually study again? Why did you did you do to get yourself ready for the second one?
I'm thinking that maybe i don't need to study again since i know all the study, but your comments are greatly appreciated !

Thanks ! :)

By Benzinspeicher (Benzinspeicher) on Sunday, May 16, 2004 - 12:30 pm: Edit

99th percentile, however, this year, it's 98

By Kattiepie (Kattiepie) on Sunday, May 16, 2004 - 02:31 pm: Edit

730 from this May. I don't really know what the percentage is.

Should I take it again too? I'm thinking about it.. =/ But my Math IIc was lower so... *_*

LOL Sorry for taking over your post.

What did you get, btw?

By Thunder77 (Thunder77) on Sunday, May 16, 2004 - 02:33 pm: Edit

I got 750-96 percentile

I knew how to do all the problems though.

have one important question to ask ALL you guys who retook the test and did better,

also, please answer my question:

Did you actually study again? Why did you did you do to get yourself ready for the second one?
I'm thinking that maybe i don't need to study again since i know all the study, but your comments are greatly appreciated !

Thanks !

By Firebird12637 (Firebird12637) on Sunday, May 16, 2004 - 04:12 pm: Edit

last year, november, 800 - 99%

By Isnet396 (Isnet396) on Sunday, May 16, 2004 - 04:13 pm: Edit

720 - 89% ...bah. Registered for June, pushed it out to october.

By Twinkletoes696 (Twinkletoes696) on Sunday, May 16, 2004 - 04:49 pm: Edit

610, 53%. I hated that test. Luckily, I had 3 SAT II tests that were significantly higher so my score on the test was totally irrelevant.

By Thunder77 (Thunder77) on Sunday, May 16, 2004 - 10:57 pm: Edit

Bump!!

Somebody please answer my question please !

I have one important question to ask ALL you guys who retook the test and did better,

Thanks !

By Wonderchic (Wonderchic) on Tuesday, May 18, 2004 - 01:22 am: Edit

740 - 94%.

By Twinkletoes696 (Twinkletoes696) on Tuesday, May 18, 2004 - 01:31 am: Edit

I retook the test and did better the 2nd time. I "jumped" around 50 points.

I just reviewed SAT I math problems. There are similar problems on the IC but the IC is more straightforward than SAT I math, in my opinion. The concepts are similar, though. Others who are decent in math did better the 2nd time they took the test after prepping. If you really want to, I know that the Princeton Review makes a Math IC prep book that you could buy to help sharpen your skills.

I know that after you take any SAT- I or II- there will be a list of percentages for each SAT II test broken down by 50 point increments (800, 750, 700, and so on) that will give you a rough idea of the percentile you'll be in depending on your score for any given test. I don't have ANY of mine around right now, but if I can manage to dig it up I will post the rough percentages-they change from test to test- on the board.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page