Should I Have Canceled My SAT II: Chemistry Score?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2004 Archive: Should I Have Canceled My SAT II: Chemistry Score?
By Aab123 (Aab123) on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 06:39 pm: Edit

Hey-

Immediately after taking the test, I knew I wouldn't do as well as I would've liked. I skipped 10 (!), because I thought that I'd have time to go back and do them.

I ended up getting pretty much what I expected, 690.

I am definately taking it again in June, because my target score is a 730- if I had gotten 6 of those ten right I probably would've gotten that score.

However, because I knew I skipped so many, should I have canceled? Will it look bad if I'm applyign to very competitive schools?

By Aab123 (Aab123) on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 07:12 pm: Edit

bump

By Kewlkiwi102 (Kewlkiwi102) on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 07:41 pm: Edit

not much to do about it now, hm?
stop kicking yourself, study barrons, and retake in october. email me if you want some help with anything. email is in profile.

By Aab123 (Aab123) on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 07:44 pm: Edit

thanks I'll be doing that.

You don't think it's smart to take in June?

By Kewlkiwi102 (Kewlkiwi102) on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 08:48 pm: Edit

you only have about 24 days, and barrons is a lot of material. give yourself more time to digest it, provided you dont have to take anything else in october.
I personally like both barron's ap chem and satII chem book and I would recommend using both of them to prep for the SATII.
You are already in a good score range, you just need to bring it up a bit. Barrons wil lhelp you get some of that random trivia they put on there. and some questions that were in barrons showed up on there almost word for word...
Good luck!
~Kiwi

By Daromanian (Daromanian) on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 08:54 pm: Edit

^
well, you can do it. i did the whole barrons book the night before. that worked great (800). just give it your all lol

By Kewlkiwi102 (Kewlkiwi102) on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 09:01 pm: Edit

haha well not everyone would be able to do that! i probably couldnt!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page