Horrible, horrible, horrible SAT score..

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2004 Archive: Horrible, horrible, horrible SAT score..
By Platinumtlc (Platinumtlc) on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 05:37 pm: Edit

Well, I just got my SAT scores. I am a Junior and this is my first SAT score.

I am not in such a shock as I would have been, because I didn't know that you don't lose points for not answering questions, so stupid me, I decided to barrage through the questions thinking I wouldn't get penalized for a wrong answer, so I answered everything. No wonder it felt like there wasn't enough time. :(

I did extremely HORRIBLE - 1110
V 600
M 510

Sad. Should I take the June 5 SATs? Or should I wait til Senior year to take the SATs again? A 1110 is simply unnacceptable.

By Ericng314 (Ericng314) on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 05:44 pm: Edit

OBVIOUSLY DON'T TAKE IT IN JUNE... TAKE IT NEXT YEAR... Take it from me, I took my SAT in January and got a 1350. In MArch, I got a 1260 So Obviously, it'll do you no justice if you took it consecutively month after month. You should take it in October if you want to see a substantial score increase.. If you take it in June and prep intensively for verbal and math, your score might go up. My recommendation, go for the most set path, for october since you can prepare and not CRAM for it.

By Mychocopie (Mychocopie) on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 07:20 pm: Edit

yeah, in four months my score went up 110 pts :)

By Jude (Jude) on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 07:29 pm: Edit

Platinum, an 1110 is not bad considering you answered everything. it just seems like you're not familiar with it. if you study during the summer and get more familiar with the test, i think you'll increase, so don't worry. definately take it senior year though. pratice test are important too.

By Shhh (Shhh) on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 08:27 pm: Edit

i feel your pain. Luckily you're a junior so you still have time..

By Lilmeariane (Lilmeariane) on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 08:49 pm: Edit

not necessarily true, i went up 150 points from march to my may score. it depends how much you prep, really.

By Mehere (Mehere) on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 08:50 pm: Edit

should i retake writing in june cuz i did terrible... i thot i would do much much much better.. this is out of my expectation.. i got 720 while i am confident that i got over 10 on the essay and had a max of 8 wrong on mc.. do you think its becuz of my writing on my essay - messy writing... i really don't know how i could have gotten this score..

By Sparkle05 (Sparkle05) on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 11:05 pm: Edit

Hey Platinumtic... it's ok. First of all, 1110 is not that bad. I know of a lot of people who did worse than that. I agree with Jude, once you become more familiar with the test material.. your score will shoot up. Don't take them again in June. Wait until fall so you have the summer to study. It is possible to raise your score a couple hundred points or even more. I took them in January and was upset with my 1160 (and I was familiar with the test material).. I studied over the last few months and got my score up almost 200 points. (I studied for 30-45 minutes a day) You can do it. Just don't give up and remember, SATs don't determine everything.

By Haithman (Haithman) on Friday, May 14, 2004 - 02:44 pm: Edit

Or you can be like me and study 4 hours a day for the June SAT....

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page