Canceling Scores...

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2004 Archive: Canceling Scores...
By Starryeyedgirl (Starryeyedgirl) on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 12:30 am: Edit

So I am definitely canceling my scores for the chem AP.

My teacher had a lot of personal drama and was MIA a lot of the year. When she was there to teach, she was impossible. She was quite possibly the worse teacher I've ever had. There are so many things she did wrong, I won't list them for risk of making this post even longer then it already is lol. Quite possibly the only kids from my class that passed the test where those who self studied. I made a serious attempt to, but had to give it up. I had 4 other APs, was responsible for everything past the middle-end of the 19th cent in APUSH, and had to completely self review for AP Span Lang, etc...I also hold a steady part time and juggle tons of EC.

I hate to fail and give up though. what I decided to do was cancel this year's score, and then self study through-out the summer, and next year, and retake it the end of next (senior) year.

however, how bad does it look that I canceled?
do colleges even see that i canceled? Does the fact that I'm making the effort to learn the material and retake the test make a difference to colleges (even though it's senior year)?

thanks
anna

By Starryeyedgirl (Starryeyedgirl) on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 05:06 am: Edit

bump?

By Mattman (Mattman) on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 11:28 am: Edit

Colleges will not care unless you sent them a score report before your senior year. They won't even see what AP tests you have taken.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page