How was AP Physics C?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2004 Archive: How was AP Physics C?
By Kms0484 (Kms0484) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 02:08 pm: Edit

I only took Mechanics thou, i think it was arite.. ne opinion?

By Hackvet (Hackvet) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 02:18 pm: Edit

that was quick...my friends just went in for it

By Deepwood6 (Deepwood6) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 03:35 pm: Edit

it was the hardest test i've ever taken... in my life... and i died

By Bigman82085 (Bigman82085) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 04:03 pm: Edit

i second, deepwood

By Pyrokinesis (Pyrokinesis) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 04:04 pm: Edit

it was horrible

By Imsoscrewed (Imsoscrewed) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 04:05 pm: Edit

freakin e & m was impossible! mechanics wasnt bad at all....but who was smokin wat when they made the e& m up? god DAMN it i wanted a 5...now im prayin for a 3.

By Bigman82085 (Bigman82085) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 04:12 pm: Edit

oh yeah, mechanics wasnt bad but my thoughts are still on the e&m that kicked my ass

By Physicskid123 (Physicskid123) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 04:33 pm: Edit

Mechanics wasnt bad, but the 2nd question second part confused me... i didnt know what to do. E&M killed me, I am praying for a 3 but its not going to happen. Mechanics multiple choice was really easy, i wasnt sure of 2.

By Montydsw11 (Montydsw11) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 04:58 pm: Edit

I didn't think it was too bad, I am guessing I got 4 on EM and a 5 on Mech. feel free to IM me to discuss questions, dswmonty11

By Siavash8p (Siavash8p) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 05:03 pm: Edit

HOLY S***...The MC for mech was pretty easy, but the FR was hard...answered the first one, got confused on second one, didn't have time for third one...I PRAY FOR A 1!!!!!

By Xdebugger (Xdebugger) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 05:05 pm: Edit

What are the raw scores for a 5 on mech and on E&M? If my score is 60 on mech and 55 on E&M, can I still get 5s on both? Thank you!

By 08beaver (08beaver) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 05:32 pm: Edit

Mechanics : MC easy. Might have a missed a few. Guessing ~30 correct. Free response: 1st two were easy as hell, but the third one got me. I can't talk about specifics, but I didn't remember how to do that sh it. I may have gotten part III and maybe part II, but part I was not cool for me.

E and M: umm, yeah. I didn't really do ANY homework in that class. I completely booted the FR. I might have gotten a two on that.

What do you need for a 3 on E and M?

By Michengin04 (Michengin04) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 05:33 pm: Edit

i rolled a snake eyes

By Gabushida (Gabushida) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 05:42 pm: Edit

I feel violated...

By Theiceman (Theiceman) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 05:48 pm: Edit

Mechanics was easy, definitely a 5.

E & M Part 2 was especially hard (the multiple choice was not bad since we've done so many in class), and as I go over the test in my mind I am estimating 20 points on Part 2 and probably a few wrong on Part 1. So probably a 5 but #1 on Part 2 is really irritating me since I did well on problems like that on the tests in class. #2 was easy for me and #3 was okay although I saw a previous AP problem almost exactly the same, but I didn't realize it until after the exam. Ah whatever, all I need is a 4 on E & M for college.

By Mrtomatohead (Mrtomatohead) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 06:11 pm: Edit

haha physics...what a great test. mechanics MC was easy...the rest was a beast. i really loved taking a test on electricity and magnetism when we never once used the word "magnet" in class. ever. so uh yeah, whatever...

By Fairyofwind (Fairyofwind) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 08:03 pm: Edit

yeah seriously... wtf was up with the E&M part....

By Justice (Justice) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 08:09 pm: Edit

Wow if fairyofwind thought it was hard then I feel better.

Anyone know the curve for a 5?

By Calimacala (Calimacala) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 08:16 pm: Edit

Mech was the usual, the FR was alright for the Mech... but the E&M??? Dittos to everyone here, that was a sucker.

By Naventus (Naventus) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 08:35 pm: Edit

Do they tend to give more credit for correct methods than for correct answers? I can't guarantee that my answers were numerically correct; I tend to make stupid small errors along the way, but I knew the technique behind all the FR's.

By Jlaws30 (Jlaws30) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 08:46 pm: Edit

WTF was with number 3 on mechanics? How long before we can talk about it?

By Calikid (Calikid) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 08:51 pm: Edit

For those who took the 1993 and 1998 AP Physics C Exam for practice, do you think today's test was tougher?

By Lemmethink (Lemmethink) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 08:53 pm: Edit

yeah...mechanics was ok...but E&M, enough said. that was seriously the hardest test ive ever takin in my entire life! I was able to answer nearly all of the E&M FR (that means writing some bs to take up some space). but for MC, i lost track of time, and i had 10 blanks, having guessed on a lot of the remaining MC questions. do you think the curve will be generous for E&M? i'm seriously going to need to pray to get a 3.

By Poiz0n (Poiz0n) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 09:11 pm: Edit

what was that stupid ratio of kinetic energy for problem 1 on the mech? all the questions are bothering me..bahhh...i hope i get a 4 but doubt it...especially e&m...who knows..maybe the e&m curve will be nice, since we r all nervous about it

By Poiz0n (Poiz0n) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 09:28 pm: Edit

ohh ooopsy, i apologize i forgot about the no asking questions policy...

By Iamthewalrus (Iamthewalrus) on Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 03:46 pm: Edit

wow, i had my pencil and calculator but i forgot the anal lube. E & M raped me over and over again. My ass was bleeding after that test. I went home and took a shower.

By Rbales16 (Rbales16) on Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 04:55 pm: Edit

Mechanics was WAY easier than anything we had done in class. MC was super quick and math wasn't even needed for most of the questions. FR was really easy, too - the easiest of any sample AP FR questions we had done in class. And how about the diagram for the first question - that was awesome!

By Incog (Incog) on Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 05:56 pm: Edit

considering everyone is talking about how e&m sucked, i'm guessing the e&m test will be curved like a mo'.

By Mehere (Mehere) on Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 10:19 pm: Edit

wut raw score or percentage is needed for a 5?

By Lemmethink (Lemmethink) on Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 11:19 pm: Edit

when calculating raw scores, does collegeboard multiply the number of quesetions right by a certain number? because i know in calc bc, i think they multiply the multiple choice by something like 1.3 or i dunno, something like that.

By Physicskid123 (Physicskid123) on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 09:01 am: Edit

When calculating the rawscore, take the number right - 1/4(number wrong) then multiply that by 1.286. They do that so it weighs equally with the free response.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page