The May SAT (regarding the the use of april 2k3's verbal)

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2004 Archive: The May SAT (regarding the the use of april 2k3's verbal)
By Curtisny (Curtisny) on Sunday, May 09, 2004 - 06:27 pm: Edit

I don't think anyone should get to worked up over it. While the chance of someone taking both tests is plausible, i think the number of people who actually did is so low that it won't even matter in the grand scheme of things.

After all, how many people have you found on the boards who indeed did take them both? I've found none and it proves my point...

By Silverstar (Silverstar) on Sunday, May 09, 2004 - 09:24 pm: Edit

I know someone who took the April '03 test as a practice test prior to taking the actual SAT.

By Madd87 (Madd87) on Sunday, May 09, 2004 - 10:36 pm: Edit

How? That test wasn't released was it?

By Silverstar (Silverstar) on Sunday, May 09, 2004 - 10:42 pm: Edit

She told me she recognized the passages, probably because she got the test from someone who ordered it. I have no idea. Either way, its pretty unfair.

By Tootall (Tootall) on Sunday, May 09, 2004 - 11:39 pm: Edit

That's a lie silverstar. They only release jan, oct, and may. Maybe she took the actual april 2003 and recognized the passages from May.

By Chasgoose (Chasgoose) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 12:44 am: Edit

I liked that verbal section. I took the April 2003 test and I got an 800 even though I missed a couple.

By Silverstar (Silverstar) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 01:27 am: Edit

Hmm maybe she did. I'll have to ask her how she remembered the passages if the test wasn't released o_o;

By Earthpressdflat (Earthpressdflat) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 06:37 am: Edit

Chasgoose, that's SO encouraging! I'd marry you if it were legal.

I'm certain I missed at least one verbal question, and probably a couple I don't realize I missed. It's less than encouraging when your score report says "Among those who receieved a score of 790 verbal, 79% found their scores decrease on a second taking." or whatever.

Ugh, the wait for May 14th is going to cost me my hair.

By Terpfan101 (Terpfan101) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 07:37 pm: Edit

wait i took it in april 2003. Which verbal sections were on this may test?? If you tell me the passages they will probably ring a bell. And yes aprils was decent, but still october of 2003 was the easiest one.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page