Difference between SAT and ACT?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2004 Archive: Difference between SAT and ACT?
By Toblin (Toblin) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 06:32 pm: Edit

Does one favor mathematical reasoning and the other verbal?

By Sulskman (Sulskman) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 07:22 pm: Edit

The ACT is kind of more verbal because it has one writing section (called English section), one reading section, one Science section (essentially a reading section then since the info. is found in passages), and only one math section.

The difference between the math sections is that for the ACT, you must do lots of simple problems in limited amount of time. It tests more of the math you learn in school and doesn't have tricks. (It does have trig) The SAT math has trick answer choices and is not as straight foward. Take both the SAT and ACT b/c you don't have to report your ACT score if you don't want to.`

By Succor101 (Succor101) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 08:42 pm: Edit

sat is easier.
period.

By Oceangrl026 (Oceangrl026) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 08:52 pm: Edit

why do you say it's easier? I havent taken either yet...what type of people do better on the ACT vs the SAT?

By Riflesforwatie (Riflesforwatie) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 11:00 pm: Edit

I thought the ACT was way easier than the PSAT.

(I'm a sophmore) Haven't taken the SAT yet. I took the PSAT this year and the ACT in 7th grade.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page