How are/aren't you studying for AP Bio??

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2004 Archive: How are/aren't you studying for AP Bio??
By Washu08 (Washu08) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 10:31 am: Edit

Just wondering how some of you are going about studying for AP Bio, because of the enormity of information. Seeing as though it's on Monday and it's Saturday now, would you say if you don't know it now, you never will ?

By Number9 (Number9) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 10:43 am: Edit

Im really behind. Keeping my head in Cliffs all weekened.

I can pick up a lot of stuff from now until Monday, so I believe I'll know it.

By Nycdebater (Nycdebater) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 10:58 am: Edit

omgg..number 9..u make me feel a lil betta...cuz im doin the same thing haha..maybe theres hope..

By Pianoman (Pianoman) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 11:14 am: Edit

Same here, but I've been making 5's on all the past MC's so not TOO worried. Reading the entire book this weekend though, not fun. And to think Thursday I also spent the entire day reading the PR AP Euro book. Sigh, another weekend consumed by AP testing. Good luck everyone!

By Bobbyh (Bobbyh) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 11:14 am: Edit

im studying as much as i can. i also have physics on monday. gonna suck. using kaplans and cliffs.

By Bluebaron1616 (Bluebaron1616) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 11:42 am: Edit

Lol. I crammed since Friday. I went through 233 pages of cliffnotes in 6 hours.

This morning I'm on pg 270 someting.

I have another 90 pages to go!

This is actually working, even though my AP class only covered less than 70% of all the stuff I've read so far.

Cramming will prob only help me a lot on MC, but not so much FR I'm afraid. Just hope they give us easy FRs from the beginning fo the year.

By Nycdebater (Nycdebater) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 11:45 am: Edit

im sure u guys know most of your stuff...but what if one that really doesnt know much ..being me..ima study..like hell these two days..but is it possible to do well..?

By Jenesaispas (Jenesaispas) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 01:31 pm: Edit

For the free response questions for the bio exam, it clearly states in the instructions to complete it in essay, not outline, form.

In the Cliffs, it tells me to separate the question parts out and label each part for a, b, c, etc. Isn't this an outline, or is this an acceptable way to answer the question?

By Jenesaispas (Jenesaispas) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 01:54 pm: Edit

Bump... Anybody know?

By Nycdebater (Nycdebater) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 02:00 pm: Edit

ariite...when they mean no outline form they mean to one essay question..dont put is like 1. 2. next fact next fact...but just put it all together..but if they themselves label one quesiton into sublevels..i think u can answer as sublevels..like to 1a. blah blah..but dont like to my 1a. fact #1 Fact #2 like dat...do u get me..hopefully

By Nycdebater (Nycdebater) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 02:02 pm: Edit

lolz that didnt make sense to me..soo im sure it didnt make sense to..basically if they have sublevels..u can answer it with sublevels..but dont answer each sublevel in outline form..hmm

neways can u help me out..i need to find practice ap bio examss.s...ahhh where can i find them online..like MCsss

By Jenesaispas (Jenesaispas) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 02:12 pm: Edit

lol, I got it. I actually sent a link to your email, if that's the correct one.

By Nycdebater (Nycdebater) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 02:17 pm: Edit

o ok thank you SOOOO MUCH!!!!!

By Nelly (Nelly) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 03:36 pm: Edit

Does anyone have any prediction for this years free responses?

Anything would be a big help,, thanks

By Guoster (Guoster) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 06:22 pm: Edit

Is the MC the same difficulty as Cliffs? If not, can anyone send me a link to one of about similar difficulty?

By Amiteinvestment (Amiteinvestment) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 06:42 pm: Edit

I havent even opened the text book all year and still havent studied at all. I might start a little tonite but considering this is my last free weekend from competitions till end of June Im actually gonna enjoy my weekend. Somehow I have an A in the class.....dont know how i pulled that one off I dont even know where my AP Bio book is probably under my couch or bed.....hmmmm

By Number9 (Number9) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 06:58 pm: Edit

I have in A in my class, but we dont cover much.

I have been writing flash cards over the past week, so its not like I just started. I have a good ability to pick up vocab and terms fast (thank God!)

Ive got to type up flash cards for Heredity, Molecular Genetics, and study the labs (we only did 2 in class).

Then later tonight and Sunday (all-nighter) it will be flash cards nonstop

By The_Nightboy (The_Nightboy) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 08:57 pm: Edit

yeah...my school doesnt offer ap courses, and i took bio last year, AND i only started studying last week (plus taking ap chem)...id say you guys are a hell of a lot more prepared than i am

By Nycdebater (Nycdebater) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 09:01 pm: Edit

nah nightboy..my teacher didnt teach CRAPPPP the whole year around..all he told us was im not gonna do it the focus do now way...we are gonna do it hands on..blah blah CRAP CRAP talk talk..but neva did ANYTHING!!!!...soo now today i started studyin..hopefully itll pay off..knowin otha ppl are doin it makes me feel betta and like theres HOPE!..now the ppl who just started studyin..what are ur goals..3 4 5?..2?

By Amiteinvestment (Amiteinvestment) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 09:06 pm: Edit

Well considering I havent done anything this year in my AP Bio class and took biology my freshman year (im junior now) Im not expecting a high grade. I would probably be happy with a 2 a 3+ would be awesome but i set my expectations low so when if i do well i can go have a party or something :) I did take a Marine biology class last year at a school in Hawaii....so if any of the questions ask about anything marine related I will do great (like that would happen.)

By Deeny1414 (Deeny1414) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 09:11 pm: Edit

It's nice to see that everyone is basically in the same boat is me...Write now I'm on the five kingdom survey, something which my teacher did not teach, so it's oh so much fun...the only things I'm pretty good at are photosynthesis, DNA replication, cell division and all the cross stuff, but when in comes to protein synthesis, evolution, and ecology, let's just hope my photographic memory works....where in Cliff's is everybody right now?

By Nycdebater (Nycdebater) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 09:11 pm: Edit

hehe..omg i thought i was the only that didnt doo anything the whole year round in biology..and still pull off a like an A+...only bcuz da teacher is stupid..neways..wow there are other ppl in the same boat as me...welll i usually goo for a reallly high high as score cuz then i kno ill just get the medium..hehe..im a junior but i soo suffered senioritis..dis year

By Nycdebater (Nycdebater) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 09:12 pm: Edit

deeeeeny that is soo scary i just said the same thing as u..lolz

By Nycdebater (Nycdebater) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 09:14 pm: Edit

im in page 243..now how long does it take each of u to study like the book like say the chapter animal structure..how long would it take you guys..i hope my photographic memory kicks in too..but sometimes.. i feel the free response is gonna really screw me up

By Number9 (Number9) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 09:42 pm: Edit

Animal structure is a big chapter, with a ton to remember. Its one of the chapters I spanned out over a week. I still dont remember a lot from that chapter.

I think I am screwed, ughh.

I've made a chat on AIM -- AP Bio -- to discuss questions, preparing, etc. Invite yourself to it, and see if we can get enough people to stimulate a conversation about stuff to help eachother.

By Aim78 (Aim78) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 09:46 pm: Edit

Animal structure was my favorite part, because it's so relevant. I hate plants! Well, I like 'em because without them we wouldn't exist, but there's just so much to memorize.

By Number9 (Number9) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 09:57 pm: Edit

Theres a lot on animal structure, but I like it too. Its more concrete than intercellular crap.

By Dalaboy (Dalaboy) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 10:13 pm: Edit

k about animal structure anybody have a good site that has a pretty decent summary on it? like this phylum have this kind of body plan

By Unluckycharms (Unluckycharms) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 10:33 pm: Edit

Had a 3-hour Prep class this morning.. we did the entire Animal Behavior and Ecology units. I can't bring myself to do any more studying until tomorrow, where I'll most likely be reviewing Protein Synth, Respiration, and Photosynth, as well as certain labs.

I actually feel fairly well-prepared for this exam.. from what i'm reading here, I'm very lucky to have the teacher I have now. She's managed to teach us the entire curriculum!

By Bellevueteen (Bellevueteen) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 10:46 pm: Edit

Scattershot it if you really don't know it. They don't take off points for wrong information.

By Ndhawk (Ndhawk) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 11:12 pm: Edit

My ap class only did like 40 percent of the stuff(never touched plants, animal behavior, ecology, any of the animal/human systems, photsynthesis, classification, evolution, or the labs) and we did it all first semester. We've sort of just been dicking around all second semester. I've been self-studying all the material since thursday, I've covered it all, and my MC right now is putting me on pace for a 4, but I'm studying more and I made alot of careless errors. I need to work on free-response and labs though. I'm going to do alot more practice too, i'm doing a couple practice tests from pr, and my teacher managed to have like 200-240 old mc's to practice with.

By Parabolic_Line (Parabolic_Line) on Sunday, May 09, 2004 - 01:31 am: Edit

Haven't really started studying. Maybe I'll review Monday morning on the train ride or Sunday night. :)

Has anyone's teacher guessed at what the FRQs might be? I think maybe the Dissolved Oxygen Lab, and a previous poster on CC said maybe DNA Replication. What do you guys think?

By Skulkarni1 (Skulkarni1) on Sunday, May 09, 2004 - 12:28 pm: Edit

yea my bio teacher said that he thinks there will probally be an essay on DNA replication. he also said that there will probably be a question about the transition from land to water on either plants or animals. then he said there would probably be one about one of the systems of the human body. i just hope htere's not a phyla question

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page