Firedrill during AP tests

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2004 Archive: Firedrill during AP tests
By Athlonmj (Athlonmj) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 04:41 pm: Edit

Our fire alarm went off right after the 15 minute reading period of the AP US History exam. We were outside for a good 15 minutes. Will collegeboard make us retake the exam? It would really suck :(

By Starbucks (Starbucks) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 04:56 pm: Edit

we had a firedrill during AP stats also but we kept taking the test. a couple years ago the fire drill went off and the class evacuated for about 30 minutes and they didnt get the time back.

By Laceycheer (Laceycheer) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 05:19 pm: Edit

there was a firedrill during my lang test on monday, 3 TIMES! we got the time back for the first two, but not the last one

By Jnatkins (Jnatkins) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 05:22 pm: Edit

Last year, we had a fire alarm go off before our AP Physics B test...You've got about an hour of leeway, and we managed to start the test about 10 minutes before we would have had to cancel it altogether.

By Terpfan101 (Terpfan101) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 05:36 pm: Edit

what kind of stupid school would schedule a firedrill during ap tests??? Maybe somebody pulled the alarm? Last year when i was taking ap us. The alarms were going off becuase there was some error it was annoying. It was only like 10 minutes but they announced it so we didnt leave. Nonetheless, my teacher told us he was fuming when it was happening. if you think it dramatically affected your score then contact collegeboard immediately.

By Athlonmj (Athlonmj) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 05:45 pm: Edit

Sorry, I didn't mean firedrill lol. Something was wrong with the smoke detector in the wrestling room and that set it off.

By Justwannahelp (Justwannahelp) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 10:23 pm: Edit

starbucks- where do you go to school?

By Kato04 (Kato04) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 11:32 pm: Edit

There was some malfunction in the sprinkler system at my school that set off the fire alarm when we had 2 minutes left of our AP Calc AB exam (we were in the last free response section). We had to evacuate and didn't get the time back, but it was only 2 minutes (though I would have liked to have them). The proctor said that if it had been more time our tests would have to be invalidated because after we left we couldn't have them back. I guess we all would have had to take the makeup exam instead. But luckily that didn't happen. The funniest part was the day before we had a class discussion with our calc teacher about what we should do in the event of a fire/fire drill, then we actually had one.

By Innotof (Innotof) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 12:43 pm: Edit

Get this -- I took AP Euro yestrday, and like 10-20 minutes before the end, we start hearing sirens outside. I thought nothing of it (hey, the school's on a hill in a big city) and kept working. Well, about 3 minutes before the end, the proctor says, "Students, there's a fire on the hill outside the parking lot, so we need to evacuate everyone." Fortunately I was done with my essays! (also, no damage except for the black hillside)

By Starbucks (Starbucks) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 07:22 pm: Edit

justwannahelp, i go to krop senior high in miami.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page