college admissions financial aid college search scholarships ivy league college counseling ">
Quick--- What MC raw score for a 5 (AP EURO) !!! :)

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2004 Archive: Quick--- What MC raw score for a 5 (AP EURO) !!! :)
By Thunder77 (Thunder77) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 10:09 pm: Edit

Hey,

Give me some last minute info.

I heard that 60 on the MC will be on the safe side towards a 5, but is it with the penatly or without the penalty of wrong choices?

Thanks! What did you guy think of the Barron's book? Good indicator?

By K0w (K0w) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 10:41 pm: Edit

around 55-60 is borderline. if anyone can help me, why is the dbq out of 15? i thought it was out of nine, but the rea book said it was 15. of course, the freeresponse is out of 9, so im just aiming for a 6 on both of them, a 57 on mc, and hopefully a 15 (but can anyone explain this?). safe way to getting a 5 i think.

By Feuler (Feuler) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 11:26 pm: Edit

The DBQ is not out of 15 anymore. It used to be, and apparently some prep books, such as REA, mistakedly still say it is. It is now out of 9 like the other essays, but weighted the same way (45% of FR).

At this point I would recommend not obsessing over how much is a 5, since it won't affect how you test. Do the very best possible on every single section; that's really all there is to it.

By K0w (K0w) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 12:03 am: Edit

doh nd i thought that was my gradebooster to a 5 :l

By Karadarkblood (Karadarkblood) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 01:20 am: Edit

I got 65/80 on the Barron's practice M/C and that is with taking off marks. How do you think I'd do on the actual test? I'm not taking the class so I haven't gotten a look at any actual AP board exams yet.

By Conker (Conker) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 10:53 am: Edit

Barron's is known to be quite difficult, so I wouldn't be surprised if you came off with a 70-75 raw score on the real test. You're on your way to an easy 5, unless you can't (or don't try) to write the essays.

By Thunder77 (Thunder77) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 07:07 pm: Edit

Actually the Barrons was quite easy. Not all barron books are hard .

You want a challenge try the REA instead.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page