Worst SAT stories

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: Worst SAT stories
By Blackbaron (Blackbaron) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 09:27 pm: Edit

OK this is a thread for any bad SAT or SAT II stories you may have. I have two myself. My first one is that when I took my SATs for the first time as a junior last year in January, I was placed next to a girl who kept falling asleep during the exam. I know, I know this sounds ridiculous, but it actually happened! Now, the sleeping wouldn't have been that bad, except that she was SNORING. And this wasn;t ONE time, folks, this happened on at least five occasions. Finally, I just moved my seat to the back of the room, but I could still hear her snore. The proctor would wake her up, but he wasn't quick enough, for the most part. A second story is as I was taking one of my SAT IIs in June (either Math I or IIC, I don't remember), my calculator malfunctioned. And, lo and behold, this was the only time I did not bring another. I still had about five questions left, but this was difficult because it was an SAT II and not an SAT. Consequently, the five took me considerable time, and I ended up completing the test without a calculator. Any other good stories???? :)

By Silverfish (Silverfish) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 09:30 pm: Edit

when i took the SAT II Chinese, my tape-recorder malfunctioned and i had to cancle the score cuz i couldn't do half the questions w/out it

By Nycneedhelp (Nycneedhelp) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 09:50 pm: Edit

The first time:

I took my SAT's when I had bronchitis. Coughing alot, not fun.

Another time:

I took my SAT II's and the proctors couldnt speak english. Would've been fun watching them, but I had practice at 1PM that day and them delaying me pissed me off.

By Kewlkiwi102 (Kewlkiwi102) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 10:01 pm: Edit

When I took the SAT, the school was haing their homecoming football game. the classroom had windows that opened onto the field. Oo
I was beyond furious but it all worked out in the end :)

By Haithman (Haithman) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 10:12 pm: Edit

Im worried about the June SAT. The Cicada infestation will be going on about that time, and supposedly you can hear their shriek from like a mile away. With billions of em flying around its gonna be hard to concentrate on the test...

By Hollaratme (Hollaratme) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 10:29 pm: Edit

my nose started bleeding during the may exam and it got all over my test booklet

By Godis (Godis) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 10:36 pm: Edit

my desk was too small... IF YOU CATCH MY DRIFT.

By Mitwannabe (Mitwannabe) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 10:44 pm: Edit

there was a hot girl sitting in front of me, my god was it hard to concentrate

By Eecs (Eecs) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 10:45 pm: Edit

in 7th grade, i took the SAT for the first time, and you know how you have a rest period in between? like, when i came back, i flipped to the wrong section and did that instead of the one we're supposed to do. like for example, everyone was on section 3 but i was doing section 4, bubbling my answers into section 3. (forgot exactly what section i was on). i finally realized this like a couple minutes before the end, and i told the proctor, but she didn't do anything. lol, so i erased all my answers and then.. yeah. it was horrible.. good thing it was only in 7th grade so it doesn't count.

By Hollaratme (Hollaratme) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 10:50 pm: Edit

mitwannabee hahahahahahahh me toooo

By Greenleaf144 (Greenleaf144) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 11:57 pm: Edit

I'm go to an all-girls school and I took the SAT I at an all-boys school... 'nough said.

By Zzii (Zzii) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 12:12 am: Edit

I took the April SAT last year at a different school because mine didn't offer it that month. One kid got caught working on another part of the exam. The proctor took his test and told him to leave. A long argument ensued. Thankfully they took it out into the hallway after a few minutes. He eventually wound up finishing the test with a note from the proctor about what happened attached.

By Jangel86 (Jangel86) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 12:28 am: Edit

My car alarm was going off every 10 minutes at the SAT last week, but I couldn't go outside to turn the alarm off. So it kept going off, and everyone taking the test heard it.

By Commonsense (Commonsense) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 12:34 am: Edit

i was sitting in the back of the room next to the open window and was working on the math section. i stretched my arms back with my calculator in my hand and accidentally dropped it out the window into the bushes. i had to half climb out of the window to retrieve it.

By Silverstar (Silverstar) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 01:18 am: Edit

BAND PRACTICE. nuff said. Yep, the stupid school band was tuning intruments or whatever out on the field and the AC was broken so it was either listen to the band practice or suffocate.

By Geoguy (Geoguy) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 01:48 am: Edit

lol @ some of these stories

I don't have any stories yet. Fingers crossed any that I may have on my next try won't negatively affect my score.

By Chasgoose (Chasgoose) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 01:50 am: Edit

I fell asleep for 5 or 10 minutes during the SAT 2 Physics.

By 007mit (007mit) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 04:23 am: Edit

There was two false fire alarams during SAT.

The proctor left the class to babysit her son (they were singing and playing at the other room) during ACT and a girl was whining during the math test, so the test was invalid.

By 007 (007) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 04:32 am: Edit

beat this::i was 30 mins late and i missed my test!!!

By Deeny1414 (Deeny1414) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 07:16 am: Edit

When I took my chem SAT II, I had to take it at a different school then my own and I had never taken a test before, so all I had was a signed letter from my school that it was me, but apparently my school messed up. I had no ID at all and they wanted me to go home which would have been an hour away. So my school was across town, so we sped there to get the letter and I was crying, but I got to my school and they just let me take the test there.

By Buttcrack (Buttcrack) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 07:26 am: Edit

I took the SAT in my english class on saturday. Well, I came in on time and all went well. But the previous week had been full of exams from like every class and I pulled off at least 2 or 3 all-nighters in one week. So I finished the SAT a little bit early and I closed my eyes just to take a little nap. My english teacher, I guess wanting to play a joke, left me inside the classroom. I woke up at like 4PM, when the test ended like at 12 AM (she actually left me in the class alone, lol).....It took me like 10 min before I knew where I was. God damn, I think back to it and I know that I shouldnt have just left. The teacher's comp was right in front of me. I should of changed my grades that day, added a few point here and there...DAMMIT!!! Not to mention the fact that i was the center of ridicule on monday...

By Ticklemepink (Ticklemepink) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 10:33 am: Edit

Excellent s tory, Buttcrack! I would've changed my grade too but I think the teacher would've figured it out that it was me :)

Great stories but no stories for me :(

By Bcrichsolo (Bcrichsolo) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 12:52 pm: Edit

girl next to me kept tapping her foot. Teacher kept standing next to me staring at my test like I was trying to cheat. Hot girls around me. Got a paper cut at the begining of the section from the stupid test book. The guy gave us like a 2 minute break so I was late coming back and our break was after the first or second section, it was retarted.

By Kewlkat8 (Kewlkat8) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 12:57 pm: Edit

proctor was eating crackers and grapes and kept on being distracting until i told him to shut up

By Aeg315 (Aeg315) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 04:18 pm: Edit

the SAT exam is a lot harder when you really have to •••• from section 3 on... (do not drink lots of coffee the morning of the exam)

By Aeg315 (Aeg315) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 04:18 pm: Edit

btw it's supposed to be "pee"

By Jer728 (Jer728) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 06:59 pm: Edit

CommonSense, thats freakin hilarious. I could soo see myself doin that some time.

By Tired_Student (Tired_Student) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 07:10 pm: Edit

bowel shifts cause of all the eggs i ate in the morning

want me to go on?

By Miscgrl (Miscgrl) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 07:30 pm: Edit

ewww....nah lol just playin

actually i was lucky enuf to get my period in the middle of a math section of my SATIs....that might explain the math grade vs verbal grade....

(see profile :) )

By Ilovefood (Ilovefood) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 07:43 pm: Edit

hmmm SAT I - 6th grade, i took the test at a school near my house, Br. Rice HS - there was a Hazardous Material alert or a gas leak or something like that and everyone had to leave for like 45 minutes while they checked the temp. of the pool or something...it was interesting...

also, during the june '03 ACT, i sat next to a kid i knew from school. when we got our scores back, i learned that he must have cheated off of me on the Reading section, since his Reading score went from a 19 to a 35. he ended up with a 31 overall and he's an idiot - im really surprised he didnt get caught with a jump like that

and whats with the testing rooms with no windows!? i was in a school like that last year and there was this noise every 20 mins in the hallway like somebody throwing a box of marbles on the floor or something - god! cant any of us get any peaceful testing time?

By Whowasthursday (Whowasthursday) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 08:00 pm: Edit

When I was halfway through section 3 a psychopath kicked in the door and chopped my head off... I didn't get to finish the test...

Hehe

By Shaka (Shaka) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 08:05 pm: Edit

"there was a hot girl sitting in front of me, my god was it hard to concentrate " ~mitwannabee

WORRRDD!!! LOL

I saw a couple of grls in my SAT2 writing test...wanted to get their #s afterwards but then i became too worried about how i did and forgot all about it lol...damn

By Modestmouse (Modestmouse) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 09:23 pm: Edit

When I was a timid sophomore, I took my SAT IIs for the first time. And, this is my luck, I sat next to the STRANGEST test taker ever. This guy took naps every fifteen or so minutes. He would, at time, have laughing fits for no apparent reason. He was... weird. I was a scared sophomore. Bad scores came from that day. Lol.

By Athlonmj (Athlonmj) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 10:17 pm: Edit

There were no hot girls when I took the SAT. Everybody around me was seriously 6 years old. Their feet didn't even touch the ground. Sad thing is they probably did better than me.

By Amiteinvestment (Amiteinvestment) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 01:09 am: Edit

Well I actually did really well on the IC math I would not be astounded if I scored around an 800 on that. The US history section i took was alright theres a couple things we didnt cover in my AP class that the regular classes did (that doesnt seem right but oh well) and the writing section.......hmmmm how should i put it. I had LOTS of relative things i could write about yet I decided I was gonna just kinda write what was on my mind and at that point I was fighting wiht some of my friends over the dumb issue of prom. One of them is mad at me because I told him i didnt want to go to prom. Im not the type of girl that is obsessed with getting dressed up and all that other stuff so I basically dedicated my whole essay to how stupid prom is and how friends arent always the people they appear to be so i was somewhat on topic I guess.

By Silmon77 (Silmon77) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 02:10 am: Edit

As I mentioned in another thread, we had 3 fire alarms during my APUSH test today...all in the last 5 min of the test.

By Sammywu (Sammywu) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 03:33 am: Edit

Last year in May I took the SAT, that day was COLD and raining hard(so distrating cuz the sound). I asked the proctor(my physics teacher) to turn on the heater but just after 20 mins she tured it off. --->She said the heater will make you guys fall asleep. WTF

It was freaking cold. :(

By Vapajude87 (Vapajude87) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 09:49 am: Edit

Some very hilarious stories here.
On the day of the test, I thought I had eaten plenty for breakfast, but apparently not. At about section 3 of the SAT, my stomach began to grumble. I was in a small room occupied by about 30 or so students, so everyone could hear it and I'm positive that the people surrounding me could tell that it was MY stomach causing the noises. So humiliating...I spent the rest of the testing period focusing more on trying to control it than concentrating on the questions. This happened about 10-15 times and about 5 of them were incredibly loud. I now make sure to over eat before taking any test.

By Blackbaron (Blackbaron) on Sunday, May 09, 2004 - 09:49 am: Edit

bump

By Silverstar (Silverstar) on Sunday, May 09, 2004 - 04:05 pm: Edit

I took the November '03 SATI, and that was the first test (i think) that had the new verbal format of short paragraphs. I'd never seen that format before, except on past "experimental" sections. Up until test day, people had been constantly telling me that the experimental section was really obvious to spot. Section 1 of the test I took that day was a "new format' verbal so obviously I took it as an experimental section and pretty much slept through the section. Then I began panicking when I realized that I had four sections of verbal and couldn't concentrate for the rest of the test. It was horrible-- I ended up with 580 V, 750M.

By Fleur86 (Fleur86) on Sunday, May 09, 2004 - 05:21 pm: Edit

in addition to the usual knee bouncing, pencil tapping distractions, i took the SAT in a room with a kid who had TURETTES. the kid got moved to a separate room during the first break, but because turettes is a medical condition and not just someone disobeying the rules, our scores remained valid. it was interesting, to say the least. i ended up ok though, at least good enough for northwestern!

By Ehakkinen (Ehakkinen) on Sunday, May 09, 2004 - 05:26 pm: Edit

When i took the exam last year, i had an ear infection and couldn't hear anything the proctors were saying.

By Dukedreamer (Dukedreamer) on Sunday, May 09, 2004 - 05:45 pm: Edit

I took the SAT for the first time 2 months ago. I dont mean to brag...but I'm really good at math. I finished the 1st Math section in about 10 minutes, so I put my head down. I fell asleep and the proctor didnt wake me up until everyone was leaving!!

By Hollaratme (Hollaratme) on Sunday, May 09, 2004 - 06:20 pm: Edit

are u kidding?

By Blackbaron (Blackbaron) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 06:12 pm: Edit

bump

By Ilovefood (Ilovefood) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 08:37 pm: Edit

bumpitty bump - this thread is awesome

By Blackbaron (Blackbaron) on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 09:29 am: Edit

bump

By Emmittsmith (Emmittsmith) on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 12:57 pm: Edit

the kid sitting next to me had a calculator that made scrolling sounds after he completed an operation (it sounded like the tape-paper calculators acountants use, except it was electric).

On top of that, I didn't go to the bathroom the first break (I thought I could the second break), and for 2/3 of the test I had to pee so much that I was practically dancing.

I ended up with a 1310 (I retook in May, was sure to go to the bathroom at the break, and didn't sit near any ••••••••).

By Titanz05 (Titanz05) on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 05:08 pm: Edit

I'm sorry that this isnt an SAT story, but its during another important test, the PSAT.

Well I took it during some winter months at my high school and during the test, all of a sudden, I caught the WORST cold ive ever had in my life. It was so akward and too weird to just all of a sudden feel the symptoms of a cold. I was coughing and sneezing so bad not to mention my runny nose. My nose was so runny that,well, lets just say my test booklet was very messy afterwards. I mean what was i suppose to do? The proctor didn't know where the kleenex were. I didnt really care but I feel bad that i probably distracted others. I can imagine it now, the room is dead silent and you hear a weezing nose.

Haha. I apologize to everyone. Anyone ever experience that? Not the part of catching a cold but taking a test while someone else has a cold?
Its AWFUL. There will be one kid coughing and sniffling. The worst part is the sniffling. Oh well.

By Victimofapathy (Victimofapathy) on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 05:40 pm: Edit

Well, I took the SATs in 7th, but nothing interesting happened then.
But this year, when I took the SSATs for prep school, I got to the school early with my mom, so we sat in front and waited, and a few more people showed up, and we were there for like an hour. We finally called the testing place because we were worried that maybe the proctor had had some sort of accident. They told us they would rescheduale the test for us. We never found out what happened to the proctor.
When I had to go back a few weeks later to take the test, they put us in a meeting room, and it had the most comfortable chairs on the planet, and I was finding it really hard not to fall asleep. I had so much trouble concentrating, but I did fine on the test. Plus, I was the only girl in the ENTIRE group.

Nothing too funny/strange/outrageous.

By Jollyapplepie (Jollyapplepie) on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 04:58 pm: Edit

I hate it when someone in the room has a really bad cold. hate it.

By Kousuke (Kousuke) on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 05:18 pm: Edit

i took the satii writing without studying, coming from a 65 PSAT score i thought i could get 700+. i got a 660, and now im screwed, good bye reach schools, hello KU.

By Blackbaron (Blackbaron) on Friday, May 14, 2004 - 08:48 pm: Edit

bump

By Number9 (Number9) on Friday, May 14, 2004 - 10:18 pm: Edit

Some kid sneezed throughout the entire test. He had a mountain of kleenexes and went through an entire box by the end of the test. It was amazing and incredibly distracting (I played a game to see if the intervals between sneezes were consistent)

By Jlaws30 (Jlaws30) on Friday, May 14, 2004 - 11:03 pm: Edit

All i can say is 550 on US History. (I am not in APUSH) Im taking physics next year. Looking for a 650 plus.

By Zik (Zik) on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 12:03 am: Edit

this one kid kept laughing during the test...i dunno if he was writing a funny essay or he thought the test was really easy/hard...but haha he just kept laughing.......dead silent when he walked outside during break though

By Bern700 (Bern700) on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 04:20 am: Edit

I had to take my ACT last june at some GHETTO (i mean ghetto) high school. I was the only non gang member looking kid there. They put us in this small room with cement walls and bars on the windows. In the middle of the test these two thugs started going at it, like hardcore fighting. One pulled a knife on the other, I practically crapped my pants.

By Blackbaron (Blackbaron) on Tuesday, May 18, 2004 - 08:11 am: Edit

bump

By Blackbaron (Blackbaron) on Wednesday, May 19, 2004 - 05:18 pm: Edit

bump

By Haithman (Haithman) on Wednesday, May 19, 2004 - 05:19 pm: Edit

It's not Ghetto, it's Getto

By Blackbaron (Blackbaron) on Thursday, May 20, 2004 - 02:07 pm: Edit

COME ON BUMP!

By 1212 (1212) on Friday, May 21, 2004 - 06:57 pm: Edit

"there was a hot girl sitting in front of me, my god was it hard to concentrate " haha, i know how you all feel, i had a hot PROCTOR, and it got hard to read, but the most horrible thing was that i was sick that day, took the test got to section 5 (verbal) and in the CR, i realized that i put the answers for the last 10 questions in the wrong section (section 6 math), got really frustrated and ticked off, ended up screwing up section 5/and 6. Got 690 M/630V which was still a combined improvement from 750M/560V the year before. I found out later that i missed 1 sentence completion/1 analogy/and 14 CR. and yes i did not cancel my scores, hoping that some miracle would happen, which , i have been evinced of now, is implausible for colored ppl.

By Madameinsanity (Madameinsanity) on Friday, May 21, 2004 - 08:56 pm: Edit

Yeah, I'm sure this has been mentioned already, but definitely got my period during an SAT I. Then I went to the proctor, and I'm like, "Uhh.. do you have any dimes?"

By Foreignboy (Foreignboy) on Friday, May 21, 2004 - 09:39 pm: Edit

Dude, you were checking out the proctor? Um... ok.....

By Commonsense (Commonsense) on Saturday, May 22, 2004 - 01:44 am: Edit

dude, proctors can be hot.... sometimes...

By Umardarr (Umardarr) on Saturday, May 22, 2004 - 05:05 pm: Edit

i had to go to the bathroom like insane, thats enough said. lets say my math score, in which i skipped liked 15 questions cause of my bladder, wasnt very appealing lol

By Blackbaron (Blackbaron) on Monday, May 24, 2004 - 01:23 pm: Edit

bump...............

By Anothersuitcase (Anothersuitcase) on Monday, May 24, 2004 - 06:42 pm: Edit

Actually it's an AP story.

15 minutes into the AP Eng Lang & Comp essay section that classic, quintessential army bugle wake-up call starts blaring from one of the library offices . . .

And repeats the same 4 measures for 30 minutes straight.

By Blackbaron (Blackbaron) on Monday, May 24, 2004 - 11:11 pm: Edit

ahhhhhhhhh theres an AP story board ALREADY; pay attention, you! lol

By Blackbaron (Blackbaron) on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 02:49 pm: Edit

bump

By Blackbaron (Blackbaron) on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 05:10 pm: Edit

BUMP!

By Vincesez (Vincesez) on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 05:41 pm: Edit

ONE OF MY WORST SAT stories was one I had diarreah, WHEW! was it a nightmare, I had milk in the morning, and by the time I was in the middle of my SAT, something leaked out of me O_O !! It made the whole class smell, I'll tell ya... I had to run to the bathroom every 5 min, because I had the RUNS!!!!!! NEVER DRINK MILK BEFORE THE SAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT WHEN I RECEIVED MY SAT SCORE IT WAS A 1350

By Bandcampgeek (Bandcampgeek) on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 08:09 pm: Edit

Not an SAT story, but an AP one...

So the ONE AP I was actually prepared for this year was Calculus. I was great at it, had an A+, everything. So just as I thought I was gonna rock that test and get a 5...

I get my period.
...with still over an hour left in the test.
...right before having to switch to the next section, without much done on the 1 we were working on.
...wearing white pants.
...without anything in the room with me or any money.

It was a perfect situation, really. I wonder how I did.

By Blackbaron (Blackbaron) on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 03:07 pm: Edit

Ap stories havea board

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page