DID ANYONE HAVE THE BALLZ TO MARK NO ON THE AP FORM?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2004 Archive: DID ANYONE HAVE THE BALLZ TO MARK NO ON THE AP FORM?
By Ndbisme5 (Ndbisme5) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 05:58 pm: Edit

I have been marking "NO" for the sharing and posting of my essays. I have done it for Spanish Language and English Literature. What about you? CB is evil to me, I shall be evil to them.

By Shhh (Shhh) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 06:00 pm: Edit

no way. id love to see what they think of my stuff

By Virgo007 (Virgo007) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 06:02 pm: Edit

I marked "No" because CB just is out for our money.

By Musefinity (Musefinity) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 06:06 pm: Edit

Dear God they are evil. They have the balls to make us pay $80 for a test, $15 to send our score reports, take a eery-assed long time to give you your score report back (and then tell you only what you got an a simple scale of 1-5 and nothing else), and go to wild depths to create the most absurd rules after you take the test, such as no discussing the multiple choice EVER.

...and then they expect you to hand over your essays for free.

By Ndbisme5 (Ndbisme5) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 06:14 pm: Edit

I didn't mark NO last year. But this year its different.

By Stonedpanda (Stonedpanda) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 07:37 pm: Edit

Although I hate the collegeboard with a passion (and again, this isnt out of resentment -- I do really well on their tests) I never mark no. It would be super tight to see my •••• up there =p Anyway, yeah, one day I'll write my diatribe against the collegeboard and why they suck.

Anyway, some guy I know, he's a senior who took calc AB (I'm a Jr who was taking calc BC, we took the tests in the same room)) and he drew an evil face in the box marked no. It was really funny.

By Nymetsgirl1986 (Nymetsgirl1986) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 07:38 pm: Edit

I marked no. All I need is them making fun of one of my essays if I happened to COMPLETELY get the wrong idea. Maybe nobody else would know it was me, but I'D know.

And I hate college board. Enough said.

By Emyh (Emyh) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 07:43 pm: Edit

I do it when I feel like it.

For instance, when I knew that Spanish test was going to brutalize me, I checked no. My teacher told us about some kid who went blank on his oral once. It was like deep and heavy breathing and complete silence for the total duration. How embarassing...

And then, I was just really pissed off in general the morning before my calc test. Naturally, my rage fueled my desire to check the no box and spite the CB.

By Ndbisme5 (Ndbisme5) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 08:56 pm: Edit

We heard a couple of the past student verbal responses played back this year. Some were much malo bado. My essays, writings, in general are OK. I just want to spite TCB. As soon as I read "unlimited rights over your writings" (paraphrase) I was like... yeah... how 'bout a big fat X on the NO box? ha!

By Kousuke (Kousuke) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 11:46 pm: Edit

i put "NO" because i didnt want to see my essay as the example for a "2"

By Haburnt (Haburnt) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 12:37 am: Edit

I said no, especially for the French Language. I don't want my essay to be an example of a bad one, but I'd probably laugh if i read what they have to say.

By Ndhawk (Ndhawk) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 05:02 pm: Edit

I marked no

By Cherrybarry (Cherrybarry) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 05:58 pm: Edit

I didn't mark cause it would be so cool to see my essay on collegeboard.com, provided that it was a "9".

By Themabrklyn (Themabrklyn) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 06:00 pm: Edit

I marked "NO" on US after not writing NO on Lit. I want to stick it to the man. :-)

By Ndbisme5 (Ndbisme5) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 06:28 pm: Edit

Chances are our essays will not be posted online or shared. Only like 10 essays out of like 250,000 are posted online for each subject. I think of marking the NO box as symbolic of my resentment and hostile anger towards CB.

By Jer728 (Jer728) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 07:06 pm: Edit

When did it ask that? I took two tests and I don't remember seeing that question.

By Benzo415 (Benzo415) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 07:11 pm: Edit

I marked NO on the Lang-Comp test, because I didn't want my essays to be used for public humilitation. I didn't mark it for History though because I felt more confident that I was gonna write better essays.

By Ickyfoo (Ickyfoo) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 08:16 pm: Edit

i always wrote NO. and even wrote in "hell" so it read: X Hell No

By Crypto86 (Crypto86) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 09:00 pm: Edit

I choose "NO" as well - evil CB.

By Sns22022 (Sns22022) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 10:19 pm: Edit

I marked no. I don't want my essays showing up in one of their money-making publications with the words "This essay was scored a 2" following it. Collegeboard already gets my $82, puts me through hll, and gives me a score report with a number on it. Sorry...they don't get to use my crap to make more money.

By Geoguy (Geoguy) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 10:27 pm: Edit

I marked NO on my AP Euro test today. Big, dark X.

By Lame (Lame) on Sunday, May 09, 2004 - 07:24 am: Edit

Man, my school charges 90 dollars for AP tests.
/is getting ripped off

By Conker (Conker) on Sunday, May 09, 2004 - 09:50 am: Edit

I didn't mark "no". Relax, folks. They're not using your essay as part of some evil conspiracy to make money off of you. It's not like they're publishing your work in the Historical Review or whatever (not that any of your work would make it in there in the first place). They're just going to use it as examples on their websites, so that future test takers have a FREE reference. Rarely do they give examples of 2's. In fact, they usually show an 8/9 paper, a 7 paper, and then a 6 paper. They might occasionally use a 4/5, but never a 2. Plus, it's kind of neat to know what you got. Yes, the chances may be slim, but your essay might be chosen. Knowing your score, even if it was a 4, will help you understand why you got the final score that you got. Get over the "Collegeboard sucks, period" mentality and grow up.

By Musefinity (Musefinity) on Sunday, May 09, 2004 - 11:01 am: Edit

Conker, this I realize, and the more applicable reason I say no is because my essays weren't going to be good and weren't going to help anybody anyways. But yes, I do also mark "No"--I didn't on the Englishes, actually--is because simply a) I'm a personal person and b) I don't like the idea of me spending $507 for these APs and then College Board going "Gee, um, erm...do you think maybe, for free that is, we can--golly--maybe have legal rights to your essays?" Hell no.

By Tenniscassieo (Tenniscassieo) on Sunday, May 09, 2004 - 11:07 am: Edit

i think it would be extremely hilarious if my spanish essay resurfaced as an example of what not to do. so i didn't mark no hahaha

By Mikey13 (Mikey13) on Sunday, May 09, 2004 - 12:25 pm: Edit

For $82 they should have throuwn in a t-shirt that said "I got ripped off by the college board" and a nice gift basket. $246 for three tests is insane.

By Doubleplay263 (Doubleplay263) on Sunday, May 09, 2004 - 01:40 pm: Edit

I marked NO...if they want to use my work, they can pay me.

By Demonllama (Demonllama) on Sunday, May 09, 2004 - 01:44 pm: Edit

i checked NO for fun.

By Sns22022 (Sns22022) on Sunday, May 09, 2004 - 02:39 pm: Edit

Musefinity put it nicely. I don't even like my friends to read my essays because, quite honestly, I don't think they're that good. I DON'T want college board to be given legal rights to do whatever they please with my work.

By Miamiman (Miamiman) on Sunday, May 09, 2004 - 10:59 pm: Edit

it seems like everyone pays for their own tests
how come your school doesnt pay for the tests???

in miami's public schools, they pay.

i dont think i could afford the $410 anyway

By Hackvet (Hackvet) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 12:20 am: Edit

I always mark, especially for long essays. I labored for app. 2 hours on each exam. Ergo, the products of my labors are worth more than something, and I would never allow anyinglorious organization to get them for free.

By Iplayoboe (Iplayoboe) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 10:08 am: Edit

Yea, I can't believe you guys all have to pay for the whole exam. My school pays for the whole exam, which, I realize, is insane, but the schools should at least be helping people pay. However, having paid for three SATs and three SAT IIs, I do enjoy Mikey13's idea for the shirt. For the money I spent on the SATs I could buy about 50 such shirts.

By Conker (Conker) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 10:19 am: Edit

Musefinity, I understand your situation, and to be quite honest, you weren't the one I was referring to. I'm more sick of the people who checked "no" simply because they have a grudge against Collegeboard.

By Ndbisme5 (Ndbisme5) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 12:17 pm: Edit

But that's my reason! It's symbolic of my anger towards CB. The only thing they are good at is AP (without exhorbitant fees).

By Ndbisme5 (Ndbisme5) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 12:58 pm: Edit

Plus, there's no way I'm signing off my rights over my essay. I and others give way too much power to CB. Fight the power!

By Aim78 (Aim78) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 06:59 pm: Edit

Hehe, I drew a little face inside the box for Bio. I wonder how they're interpret that?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page