Can't we discuss the Eng FR now?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2004 Archive: Can't we discuss the Eng FR now?
By Auburnwareagle (Auburnwareagle) on Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 06:44 pm: Edit

For English Lang?? It's been two days...

By Auburnwareagle (Auburnwareagle) on Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 10:42 pm: Edit

no seriously

By Hackvet (Hackvet) on Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 10:58 pm: Edit

y not...theres been abundant discussion of most tests the very day of the test...has it been erased?

By Feuler (Feuler) on Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 11:10 pm: Edit

http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/ap/english_lang/samp.html

Seeing as the questions are now in the public domain, I think that means they are fair game. I have one thing to say:

WTF was up with #2?!

I'm a little confused as to why the form B questions are up too. I was under the impression that form B was the alternate test, to be given in two weeks, but I must be mistaken.

By Just_Forget_Me (Just_Forget_Me) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 08:51 am: Edit

#2 was the strangest AP test question I've ever seen. But, I can't say I didn't like it. I'd much rather be given the freedom to decide the "two sides" by myself, instead of having to read a passage and "agree/qualify/defend" that person's opinion.

EDIT-just looked at the "B" questions... ugh! I would have hated to write on the propriety of nude statues, or "how unspoken rules contribute help to define group identity. Rachel Carson wouldn't have been bad, though.

By Auburnwareagle (Auburnwareagle) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 10:13 am: Edit

the #2 essay i wrote.....serioiusly could have been written by a third grader. i didn't show that i knew my stuff. this bites.

By Recordingwater (Recordingwater) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 09:36 am: Edit

Hm.. I took the Form B one because I live in Asia. The form B is for international test takers, I think.

Just_forget_me, They actually weren't that bad. Practically everyone I talked to afterwards didn't think they were too bad. 3 put me off for a second but was pretty easy to write about once I thought about it for a minute or so. 2 wasn't that bad either. I hated 1, though, cuz it's just so formulaic.. analyze rhetorical strategies blah blah blah.

I'm kind of happy I didn't get YOUR number 2.. haha.. I thought the Form B's #3 was easier than the other #2.. hehe.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page