5 In AP World History

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: May 2004 Archive: 5 In AP World History
By Pianoman (Pianoman) on Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 06:28 pm: Edit

If today I did near perfect on the multiple choice, pretty good on the first two essays (lets say anywhere from 7 to 9) and terrible on the last essay (4 to 6, might be higher), can I still make a 5 on the AP World History exam?

By Flash~ (Flash~) on Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 06:38 pm: Edit

I'm in the same boat as you. That third essay was REALLY HARD :P Anyway, you probably will be able to get a 5.

By Apg (Apg) on Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 07:40 pm: Edit

Funny, I thought that the MC was hard (harder than the '02 exam anyway) and that the last essay was easy. The COT essay was a killer for me.

By Jollyapplepie (Jollyapplepie) on Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 08:01 pm: Edit

I also thought the MC was pretty hard. Reasoning for the right answers doesn't usually work for me, which is actually what I used to get most of the answers.

By Patty (Patty) on Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 08:04 pm: Edit

the multiple choice was WAY harder. actually all of it was for me. lol. is it bad that i only omitted like less than 10 questions? how many did u guys skip?

By Mehere (Mehere) on Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 08:11 pm: Edit

Ok, i need some of your suggestions..
i totally messed up the last essay. i talked about nationalistic movements, depression, japan wants to be free, but I DIDNT ANSWER THE QUESTION! i did very little comp and contrast...
Since im planning on applying to ivies, and im afraid i might get a 3 due to the last essay, should i cancel my score?
I got around 65 - 75% right on the mc.. did okay on the first two essays ( 4 and 2 pages each) and the last one was just brutal.. should i cancel or just stick with the 3 or 4? If you were me wut would you do?

thx

By Mehere (Mehere) on Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 08:17 pm: Edit

Or is there anthing else i can do instead of cancelling if i dont want the universities to see a 3? I request my score to be sent to harvard. And collegeboard said if i want to withold it, i have to contact them by june 15th. However, is that worse than getting a 4 or 3?

By Mehere (Mehere) on Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 08:18 pm: Edit

Or is there anthing else i can do instead of cancelling if i dont want the universities to see a 3? I request my score to be sent to harvard. And collegeboard said if i want to withold it, i have to contact them by june 15th. However, is that worse than getting a 4 or 3?

By Mehere (Mehere) on Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 08:18 pm: Edit

By Mehere (Mehere) on Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 08:21 pm: Edit

oops. sorry.. multiple post. moderator. please delete.

By Thereishope (Thereishope) on Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 09:42 pm: Edit

hrmm... i dont know.. it doesn't sound like you did bad... however, i heard that the essay avgs are very low.. like 4s.. i have no idea why its so low... does anyone know how hard it is to get over 6?

By Justice (Justice) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 03:28 pm: Edit

The averages are low because people who take the AP are often freshman who have not yet matured in terms of developing the ability to craft an essay. If you go to collegeboard and see the sample ones, you will find that it was very easy to get above a 6.

By Mehere (Mehere) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 04:45 pm: Edit

Justice.. if my essays were 4, 2, and 2 pages each. but the last one.. i didnt really do a lot of contrasting and comparing.. do u think i have a chance for a 5 even though all my historical facts were relevant and correct?

By Conker (Conker) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 11:30 am: Edit

This is insane...you guys are worrying about nothing. One essay will not drop your score from a 5 to a 3. Heck, it's highly unlikely that it would even drop your score from a 4 to a 3, even if you got a 0. If you're getting near perfect multiple choice scores, scoring a 4, 3, 3 would more than likely get you a 5. Scoring above a 5 on all your essays would guarantee a 5.

By Mehere (Mehere) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 02:39 pm: Edit

thx for ur info conker.. but why do only 10% ppl get 5 if getting 6 is not hard as justice has said?

By Cherrybarry (Cherrybarry) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 03:40 pm: Edit

I think that it because most of us here are hard workers (ie. we actually post in a forum about school/academics!). There are tons of other testtakers who are either forced to take the exam or just don't care.

By Mehere (Mehere) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 08:15 pm: Edit

haha.. thats true.. i keep on thinking everyone who takes ap is really smart. cuz in my school, u have to get teacher's rec to be in an ap class and have to maintain a min grade to stay in.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page