AP Adventures!!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: AP Adventures!!
By Emyh (Emyh) on Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 04:23 pm: Edit

Cause we all need a good laugh to destress.
Post your stories.

After the Calc BC exam:

A friend came out yelling "My a$$! My a$$!"

Another one I saw and came up to. He started fake crying, and I was like "what's wrong?" He pulls out a jar of Vaseline going "It hurts! It hurts!"

After school today @ English tutorial for lit exam:

Teacher: "Stephanie don't worry! I know you can definitely make a 4!"

Me: "What about me? Can I make a 4???"

Teacher: *pauses for like 25 seconds* Hmm..

Talking about Spanish Lang exam:

Me: So, Mark, what did you make last year?

Mark: A 1.

Me: Ouch. So what are you aiming for this year?

Mark: a 1.5

By Modestmouse (Modestmouse) on Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 04:48 pm: Edit

LOL! I think I got a 1 on the AP Span, too. Hahahaha. My "No se" story has circulated around my school, too.

By Wishful_Thinker (Wishful_Thinker) on Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 10:03 pm: Edit

AP Psych teacher: "if you guys walk out of the exam, i'ma pull some kung fu on you and make you go back in *whuaaa*" (HILARIOUS POSE: one leg up and two hands in front cupped facing downward w/ one eye scrunched)

People talking about bc exam:
-"So we open up the exam and xxxx starts laughing...just then while i'm going what the.....is this?"
-"yea, i looked over and saw xxxx w/ her head in her hands"
-"and mind you, that was 10 minutes into the free response"

person:
"i was going to make a christmas tree but i wasn't sure how many stems...so i just chose the letters randomly"

general response to ap stats exam: *groan*

By Firebird12637 (Firebird12637) on Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 10:48 pm: Edit

general response to ap stats is more like "GAAAAAAAAHHHH" *hears furious scratching noises of pencils*

By Zik (Zik) on Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 11:05 pm: Edit

my friend, after the MC part was over, yells to the kid next to him(its ok, we were in the big lecture hall) "DID YOU KNOW HOW TO DO THAT ONE PARTICLE PROBLEM" and a lady administering the test turns and looks at him and my friend continues: "....ON THE HOMEWORK LAST NIGHT?!?!?!"

yeah, not too bright, but haha ;P

By Feuler (Feuler) on Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 11:22 pm: Edit

Before the AP English Lang. exam:

[proctor's thing about Soc. Sec. number]
Person: Wait... what if you don't know your social security number, and can't remember if you put it last year?
[whole room starts laughing]
Person (indignant): Isn't that a good question?

Well, it was pretty funny at the time. Mostly because of who it was (he is quite clueless all the time).

This was sort of funny too... I have a friend doing AP Stat, who of course finished early because that test is easy as hell, and, after meticulously checking his work, erasing stray marks, and making everything look perfect, writes in big letters across the margin of one page, "COMMUNISM: A theoretical economic system characterized by the collective ownership of property and by the organization of labor for the common advantage of all," just because he felt like it.

By Benzo415 (Benzo415) on Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 11:29 pm: Edit

Kid at my school FELL ASLEEP during the AP Stats exam this year! Score!

By Wishful_Thinker (Wishful_Thinker) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 08:11 pm: Edit

oh wait until ap chem exams next tuesday. i will have atleast 10 stories of "there is no god". we are all convinced that 1/2 the class passing would be a good sign because they have no hope.

By Pianoman (Pianoman) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 08:19 pm: Edit

After the AP Stat exam, one bumbling kid ended up sealing his student pack inside his multiple choice section, and they couldn't obviously get it out. Quite funny..haha.

By Blackbaron (Blackbaron) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 08:24 pm: Edit

OK I got a story. This was during my AP US Histroy exam from last year. We take the exam in this empty classroom, but the classroom is also used for the school's tech club. As a result, there are a few computers in it. One kid snuck in a CD Player and hooked it up to a set of speakers. He then took out a towel and wrapped it around his neck. Just as the proctor began to read the directions, he pressed "Play" and the Rocky theme song "Eye of the Tiger" started to play. It was the FUNNIEST thing ever, and it really helped relieve the stress in the room at the time. :)

By Onesweetworld87 (Onesweetworld87) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 08:34 pm: Edit

haha that Eye of the Tiger story is amazing. Brilliant.

By Blackbaron (Blackbaron) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 08:47 pm: Edit

bump

By Blackbaron (Blackbaron) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 08:52 pm: Edit

Also, that same kid is in my AP MEH this year, and I'm positive something will happen tomorrow. haha, can't wait

By Emyh (Emyh) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 08:52 pm: Edit

You know what's really funny? I've heard of kids slipping in dollar bills in the FR section of the test. I wonder what those AP readers do with it... lol...

By Blackbaron (Blackbaron) on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 10:43 pm: Edit

bump

By Blackbaron (Blackbaron) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 09:43 am: Edit

bump

By Joel_Set (Joel_Set) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 10:59 am: Edit

last year, our whole class did the wave before the test... i dont' know why.. but i thought it was pretty funny;

By Joel_Set (Joel_Set) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 11:05 am: Edit

OH AND THE FUNNIER THING IS.. MY five on the apush exam got canceled like 2 weeks ago? ISN'T THAT FUNNY? *hides in the corner and cries, seriously*

By Skiowad (Skiowad) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 04:26 pm: Edit

why was it cancelled? did you get caught talkin bout the MC?

By Skiowad (Skiowad) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 04:29 pm: Edit

blackbaron, anything happen today?

By Starbucks (Starbucks) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 04:55 pm: Edit

I got a few also. AP BC was going ok until part 2 of free response. My class opened the test and the whole room just echoed with "oooooh." #5 was a fun one.

Then on AP stats afterwards my best friend started laughing. and i said, "why are you laughing?" and she said, "cuz THAT was FUNNNY." During the last half hour of the test everyone was playing on their calculators. haha, score!

By Just_Forget_Me (Just_Forget_Me) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 05:04 pm: Edit

At the end of the Euro test today, my whole class started whistling the tune from Kill Bill vol. 1 (from when Elle Driver is going in to kill the Bride). It was pretty random/spontaneous/funny.

By Slacker007 (Slacker007) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 05:11 pm: Edit

8 hours of AP tests (7:30 to 3:30 for APUS and AP Euro) with 4 hours sleep. Can anyone beat that?

By Benedwodo (Benedwodo) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 05:21 pm: Edit

i did it last year, but 7:30 to 4:30 because of a fire alarm/general inefficiency of our school

By Miscanon (Miscanon) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 05:56 pm: Edit

Joel why did your 5 get cancelled?

By Melissa27 (Melissa27) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 07:06 pm: Edit

on AB calc, one of my friends drew a picture of a guy flicking off the reader with a gun to his head

By Starbucks (Starbucks) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 07:09 pm: Edit

hey slacker, last year i had chem and then psych, all without breakfast or lunch. fun stuff, but i got a 5 on both.

By Vpof2005 (Vpof2005) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 07:48 pm: Edit

Before the AP French Lang Exam....

Teacher (to me): Do not choke! My hopes are on you. I need at least one of you to pass

By Vpof2005 (Vpof2005) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 07:51 pm: Edit

Oh and Monday it was 7 to 5:30 pm for me (Eng Lang and then a French Lang malfunction)

By Rossch201 (Rossch201) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 07:56 pm: Edit

so at the beg of our ab exam... before any tests were open... this girl gets up and hands this notecard to someone to the table diagonal to her... the procotor goes umm excuse me both of you right now.. up here... she looks at the cards. and goes sit down, i will have to call college board at break .. so apparently the girl had these notcards with formulas and stuff on them hidden under her leg, and a kid asked to see one and she went to give it to him... no she said she wasnt teaching.. and TCB said since the tests were unopened.. her test is fine... she still claims they were just styding and she didnt realize taht when your only allowed to have calc pen and pencil and test.. you couldnt have notecards hidden with formulas.. so in the end.. we make fun of her... she claims she wasnt trying to cheat.. .and the school is still pondering.. though TCB says shes all clear

By Ilovefood (Ilovefood) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 08:01 pm: Edit

sounds like fun - i fell asleep during MC on English Lang. last year - yup, that explains the 3!

By Blackbaron (Blackbaron) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 11:54 pm: Edit

By Skiowad (Skiowad) on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 04:29 pm: Edit

blackbaron, anything happen today?

Yeah, the same kid brought the CD in again and played Eye of the Tiger, but the proctor asked him to remove it quickly. Then he kept the towel, and she had to take it away from him during the exam twice (he took it back during the break). Also, when there were 15 min left, pretty much everyone was done and we started throwing our wads of plastic (from the covers) at each other, along with broken pencils. Nobody was distracted since we were all done, and the proctor wasn't exactly paying attention. At the bottom of the essay page where it says "when you are finished..." I crossed out the rest and wrote "recording, hang up or press one for more options," simply because that's what my friend's cell phone says on his message machine. Oh, one last thing! The janitor put on the hose outside, and the pipes were DIRECTLY above our room. It was quite annoying. Anyway, that's it lol.

By Baggins (Baggins) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 12:53 am: Edit

I already put this on another thread but it is too good not to put on this one. We were all taking the APUSH exam and were on the free response questions. I was at the end of the first free response when the procter announced that there were 9 minutes left. Everyone in the room stopped. Pencils were still and no one breathed. One kid laughed in a sort of hysterical way. After what seemed like an eternety (it had not even been a minute) the proctor decided to finish her sentence "until you should be starting on part C". Everyone sighed at the same time. And then everyone started lauging. My heart seemed to have stopped.

Also, the night before the exam I literally started crying over #2 pencils. I ended up having six pencils and 3 pens.

Not even 10 minutes after section 2 had started I had to go to the bathroom. I have a stomach virus and I wasn't about to let it get in the way of my essay so I held it for 2 hours+. Everyone saw me shaking at the edge of my seat and was wondering what I was doing.

By Hackvet (Hackvet) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 12:57 am: Edit

Okay. Today Im taking apush. Free response section. Last 15 minutes. Im scrambling to finish my favorite question (guess which). I have an electronic watch on me to use a chronometer to keep exact track of time. The thing has an ability to chime every hour like all those watches do. Apparently I didnt disable the chime or turned it on inadvertently at some point. We were taking the exam in the basement of our gym (HUGE room - 150 yards in length at least). Apparently, the chime went off on the hour even though I didnt hear it cause I was so absorbed in my essay. The chief proctor who is actually the only permanent faculty member there somehow temporarily acquires bionic hearing and hears it from way across the basement, runs up to me, and asks me, did my watch just ring. I say Im not sure, look at the hour, see it's right on the 12:00 so it must have rung. SHe says shell have to confiscate it. I tell her I swear it wont ring again (15 minutes to the test d'oh!) and make sure the chime is disabled this time. After the test, she tells me to go up and see college couseling right away.

Im in trouble. My college counselor (luckily or unluckily - I'm not sure which - is away, so I have to see the other one. The other counselor asks me "to tell my version of the story". I told her that my watch probably emitted a short beep because I forgot to turn off the chime feature. She then asks me, "Did you deliberately try to subvert the efforts of your fellow test takers by deliberately setting an alarm to ring during the test so as to distract them?" I'm about to go sarcastic and say "Yeah, you really got me this time. Guilty as charged. And I wouldve gotten away with it if it wasnt for the efforts of Miss ****. But I was obviously scared and told her it was merely accidental and I didnt mean any such thing. She tells me that shes gonna be all nice to me this time and let me go but if I were taking an SAT at a different school if that happened that I would be kicked out of the exam, scores cancelled, reported to CB and blacklisted by them. I reply that I brought the same exat watch when I took 4 sat2's 2 psats and an sat and nobody said a thing even though I forgot to turn off the chime half the time. She gets even more pissed..says I must've gotten lucky. She tells me that if any one of the kids decided to complain she and Id be in a hell of a lot of trouble. I reply that the lawn mowers which were distracting me for the last 4 hours were 100 times louder and more distracting than my little beeping watch that nobody with the right hearing even heard. She replies that she couldnt control the lawnmowers, whle I shouldve controlled my watch. So I see its all worthless trying to reason with her and she lets me go.

How's that for paranoia. Let me know whatcha think.

By Emyh (Emyh) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 11:09 am: Edit

There was a girl during my Lit test.. she'd set her watch constantly... the constant beeps...

"beep. beep. beep. beep. beep. beep. beep."

About everyone turned around and glared at her. I wanted to smack my booklet at her. (I'm vicious about my testing time. I once turned around and told a girl who sat right next to me to shut up during AP testing because she popped her gum. Luckily the proctors didn't hear it)

By Mrbesch (Mrbesch) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 01:37 pm: Edit

During the APUSH exam, I crossed out about half a page of an open response question and switched questions...20 min into the 35 min I had.

Everyone could hear my frantic scribbling and they all stopped what they were doing, looked over at me, and starting laughing.

D'oh, totally messed up that exam.

By Musefinity (Musefinity) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 01:40 pm: Edit

Hahaha. I did that last year MrBesch! I got a 4. This year, I arrived 35 minutes into the AP European MC portion of the exam. So I screwed myself over BOTH years.

By Number9 (Number9) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 03:23 pm: Edit

During my APUSH test a girl set her watch and it beeped right after the proctor started and when she stopped writing. No one made any fuss about it.

The idiot kid next to me started tapping his fingers loudly for a solid 5 minutes during the MC. I slammed my hand down on the desk and he got the hint.

During the Free Response, I was writing frantically on the last one. I didn't really have good knowledge on the subject, and was frantic. I crossed out my entire intro paragraph for a new one. After about a page and a half of writing, I look up, and I see EVERYONE has their booklets closed and pens down. I started to panic. I thought time was going to be called any second, and I had barely anything. Then the proctor's stopwatch beeped, and my heart sank. He said, "You have 15 minutes remaining."

I was so relieved, albeit my essay still wasn't that strong.

By Karadarkblood (Karadarkblood) on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 03:44 pm: Edit

Before the Eng Lit exam, a couple of us were laughing and saying "Wouldn't it suck if Emily Dickinson was on the test?" and then laughing because we all (including our teacher) hate Emily Dickinson (no offense to Dickinson-fans). We open up the free response section and this one girl just screams. Seriously just screams. And we all just look at eachother and start laughing really hard. The proctor - the most incompetent person ever - was very confused, and the whole way through the free response people are just laughing . . . and crying . . . and laughing . . .

By Blackbaron (Blackbaron) on Sunday, May 09, 2004 - 09:47 am: Edit

bump

By Blackbaron (Blackbaron) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 05:59 pm: Edit

bump

By Karadarkblood (Karadarkblood) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 06:39 pm: Edit

Oh My God . . . I got to my Bi exam this morning, and my friend sits down next to me and looks at the form, and then goes to bubble in what subject, and she looks around her and, genuinely perplexed, asks: "What is this exam again?"

By Hermione (Hermione) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 07:02 pm: Edit

During my AP US essay section, a girl sitting near me finished (or gave up?) about half an hour early. She then proceeded to entertain herself by doing these weird noises in the back of her throat while tapping her fingers... that is until I gave her my death glare. Also, I know this isn't an AP horror story, but when I was taking the PSAT, the proctor took out one of her contacts... and put it in her mouth! Then, she smacked her lips and made the most ogre-like grunting noises. After a while, she stuck her gross tongue out really far and pried the contact off. It was dripping with saliva, but she still made all the crazy facial contortions people make when they're trying to put a contact in and put it her eye. Then she kept rolling her eye around and wiping the sticky saliva out of her eyelashes (seriously!). Apparently unsatisfied, she repeated this procedure about 4 times, each somehow more disgusting. Plus, she was clunking up and down the aisles like some sort of warden, so she was kind of hard to ignore. The whole room must've wasted like 8 minutes by staring at her in gross fascination.

By Monarchsfan16 (Monarchsfan16) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 08:21 pm: Edit

Today, as we're closing the books for the Bio FR, a girl, who is insanely smart gasped and said "WE WERE SUPPOSED TO USE PEN ON THE ESSAYS?!" She had written in pencil, and obviously couldn't go back and rewrite them.
During the US History one, this kid who is supposedly a brain took one look at the free response, closed the book, and spent the hour and a half or however long it was staring out the window at the construction and jumping up and leaning out the window so far that he nearly fell out (no money in the budget for window screens) whenever a truck or bulldozer went by (addition being built on the school).
O, and we spent 3 hours taking the US History exam listening to jackhammers and welding on the wall of the room we were in.

By Shhh (Shhh) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 08:26 pm: Edit

"Before the AP English Lang. exam:

[proctor's thing about Soc. Sec. number]
Person: Wait... what if you don't know your social security number, and can't remember if you put it last year?
[whole room starts laughing]
Person (indignant): Isn't that a good question?

Well, it was pretty funny at the time. Mostly because of who it was (he is quite clueless all the time). "

lol i was actually wondering the same thing

And the AP Calc exam raped my friends too

By Blackbaron (Blackbaron) on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 09:32 am: Edit

bump

By Nabo (Nabo) on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 09:54 am: Edit

*sigh*

Here's my AP adventure for the day:

*ring ring ring*

I wipe my groggy eyes and answer my cell phone in a soporific stupor.

"Hello?"
"Where are you?!?!"
"Huh? What do you mean?"
"The exam has just started!"
"Isn't it in the afternoon?"
I hear laughter in the background;
"No, US gov't is in the morning!"
"@&#%^@#&%@%&#@*&#*&@&#!"

30 seconds later....

I am racing down road to school. The light turns red. I rev the engine till the redline and keep pushing it. *screaching tires as I slide around the corner a millisecond before the other light turns green.

3 minutes later....

I am at school now; I made a 10 minute morning commute in 4.

Breathing heavily; adrenaline rush kicking in after narrowly avoiding a dramatic demise in a heap of twisted steel and flesh

"You need shoes to take this exam."
"You're kidding...."
"No"
"......"

I step outside

"!@#$%&*@$@$#@#@#$@#%$#$!!!!!"

At least I got the day off =/

By Eecs (Eecs) on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 05:16 pm: Edit

"You need shoes to take this exam."

OMG are you serious???? that's nonsense... WHY?

By Wishful_Thinker (Wishful_Thinker) on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 05:35 pm: Edit

shoes?! you should have borrowed a kids shoes that wasn't taking the test. that's crazy

By Firebird12637 (Firebird12637) on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 06:41 pm: Edit

wtF??? dang, whoever said that...u shoulda punched him in the face...

By Madameinsanity (Madameinsanity) on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 07:08 pm: Edit

*During 4 of the 5 AP's I've taken so far, at least one student decided to skip the FRQs and just go to sleep.

*We take our APs in the Wrestling Gym, which happens to have the cruddiest ceiling you can ask for. During the APUSH exam, a piece of the ceiling fell on one kid while he writing his FRQs... he just picked it off and threw it to the side with his left hand.. he didn't break from his writing:)

By Blackbaron (Blackbaron) on Friday, May 14, 2004 - 08:45 pm: Edit

bump

By Confused86 (Confused86) on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 08:55 pm: Edit

bump

By Dotcommie (Dotcommie) on Sunday, May 16, 2004 - 01:31 am: Edit

Steve: How was the BC exam? Did you assume the position?
Me: Assume the position?
*Steve bends over, butt towards me*
Steve: Hands on your ankles, squealing like a schoolgirl.

By Blackbaron (Blackbaron) on Tuesday, May 18, 2004 - 08:10 am: Edit

bump

By Blackbaron (Blackbaron) on Wednesday, May 19, 2004 - 05:17 pm: Edit

bump

By Blackbaron (Blackbaron) on Thursday, May 20, 2004 - 02:08 pm: Edit

Im not bumping this for my own health; now tell me a damn story!!!!

By Confused86 (Confused86) on Thursday, May 20, 2004 - 09:37 pm: Edit

yeah bump it i wanna hear more funny stories. actually funny. One of my teachers was trying to make this powerful point, somethign that would supposedly affect our lives forever, so he says somethign really deep and throws a marker to the ceiling. The marker then ricocheted off the ceiling and hit his head pretty hard. we laughed for minutes.

By Peyton (Peyton) on Monday, May 24, 2004 - 04:44 pm: Edit

After my APUS exam, the woman in charge made us move all the tables around. So she's screaming at us in this huge room to move the tables, and for some reason my friend gets the bright idea that we're supposed to move the table we have into another room. So here we are, wandering around the building with this table for no apparent reason. I was just laughing the whole time. We ended up having to take it back to the testing room, too, and we actually considered taking it home with us as a memory of our crazy AP testing days. Ah, to be young and sleep deprived.

Also, this isn't really funny, but we took our AP exams in this church and the church people were really nice. They bought us pizza and donuts to eat during breaks, it was great for energy.

By Tlaktan (Tlaktan) on Tuesday, May 25, 2004 - 02:40 am: Edit

I fell asleep during the AP English Lang exam.. During the AP Art Hist free response, I wrote a page and a half worth of free response.. went back and crossed everything out and started everything over.. Lord help me to pass :D

By Blackbaron (Blackbaron) on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 02:48 pm: Edit

bump

By The007expert (The007expert) on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 06:19 pm: Edit

After the AP exams, a lot of students tend to skip out of school for the rest of the day. For me, I had to take more tests.

By Blackbaron (Blackbaron) on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 05:11 pm: Edit

bump

By Blackbaron (Blackbaron) on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 03:07 pm: Edit

bump!

By Vincesez (Vincesez) on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 09:11 pm: Edit

bump!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page